Diy refuguim.

Wwathern

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello ,
Long and short,Ilive in a condo, not alot of room. I have a 40 {kinda tall} and the stand its on has only room for a 5 gallon bucket on each side. so i cant sump. however i can make the 5 gallon a canister, However i also have a 5 gallon marineland tank, i would like to turn it into a small refuge . Im not sure how to plum it to the main tank. any ideas?

IMG_20200622_202609.jpg

lazycouch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello ,
Long and short,Ilive in a condo, not alot of room. I have a 40 {kinda tall} and the stand its on has only room for a 5 gallon bucket on each side. so i cant sump. however i can make the 5 gallon a canister, However i also have a 5 gallon marineland tank, i would like to turn it into a small refuge . Im not sure how to plum it to the main tank. any ideas?

IMG_20200622_202609.jpg
hey i had a similar problem! i ended up turning a breeding box into my fuge because having water travel below your tank and back up is much more difficult than having something above or next to the tank. the easiest way would be drill a hole at the bottom of your tank but another way to do it would be having an overflow box on your main tank to get the water traveling downwards and a pump in the fuge to spit it back up but the main issue would be a power outage which would cause the fuge to overflow and flood. there are ways to work around this i just haven’t researched any further!

OP
OP
Wwathern

Wwathern

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey i had a similar problem! i ended up turning a breeding box into my fuge because having water travel below your tank and back up is much more difficult than having something above or next to the tank. the easiest way would be drill a hole at the bottom of your tank but another way to do it would be having an overflow box on your main tank to get the water traveling downwards and a pump in the fuge to spit it back up but the main issue would be a power outage which would cause the fuge to overflow and flood. there are ways to work around this i just haven’t researched any further!
Yea I think a hob refuge is my best bet. I may just use the 5 gallon as a quantine tank

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 40 46.5%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 20 23.3%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 20 23.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 7.0%
Back