Do Dinos create mats like in this picture?

OP
OP
L

Lebowski_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it worsens, I recommend to reduce white light intensity or even turn them off for 3-5 days. Add liquid bacteria daily for a week during the day at 1.5ml per 10 gallons. Add Hydrogen peroxide at night at 1ml per 10 gallons. Add a pouch of chemipure Elite which will balance phos and nitrate and keep them in check.

After the 5 days, add a few snails such as cerith, margarita, astrea and nassarius plus 6-8 blue leg hermits to take control.

In case anyone finds this thread via search somewhere down the road - the above treatment plan worked.

I cannot say it's 100% gone, or that it's gone for good, but it no longer is visible and hasn't come back despite not using Hydrogen Peroxide for the last 36 hours. Normally by this time in the day, it would be completely matting over the whole sandbed and most of the rock word.

Many people do full blackouts, but I simply adjust my lighting down to about 15% of it's normal intensity, shortened the schedule a bit, and removed the whites, greens and reds completely during the 5 day period.

No adverse effects on any coral, nor the fish.

My nitrates have also since climbed from <0.1 to around 10 ppm since the start of treatment.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In case anyone finds this thread via search somewhere down the road - the above treatment plan worked.

I cannot say it's 100% gone, or that it's gone for good, but it no longer is visible and hasn't come back despite not using Hydrogen Peroxide for the last 36 hours. Normally by this time in the day, it would be completely matting over the whole sandbed and most of the rock word.

Many people do full blackouts, but I simply adjust my lighting down to about 15% of it's normal intensity, shortened the schedule a bit, and removed the whites, greens and reds completely during the 5 day period.

No adverse effects on any coral, nor the fish.

My nitrates have also since climbed from <0.1 to around 10 ppm since the start of treatment.
Where is PO4 now? 10 is fine for nitrates.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 48 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 29 21.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back