• For a Limited Time the R2R Partner Membership is NOW OPEN! Get some cool swag and chances to win part of over $20,000 in prizes! Click here for more details

Do I have velvet or what?

Njcoral101

View Badges
Reaction score
I have 2 maroons clowns, a goby (if still alive) haven't seen him yesterday or last night, i have also another tang, salinity is 127, phosphate is somewhat elevated I'm working on it , calcium 480, ph 8,0
Sailinity is 127! is that a typo lol

Njcoral101

View Badges
Reaction score
Treatment of HLLE is empirical and relies on the elimination of any potential stressors. Water quality should be improved if necessary, overcrowding reduced, and a balanced and varied diet should be fed.

Njcoral101

View Badges
Reaction score
There is no singular cause for Hole-In-The-Head Disease, and there are some species of fish that seem predisposed to it, such as Tangs and Surgeonfish. Although occasionally caused by a parasite (Hexamitid spp.), it is not commonly found with most infections. Many stressors, such as poor water quality or diet, can start the chain of events that lead to Hole-In-The-Head Disease.

Other possible causes or influences on the progression of Hole-In-The-Head Disease include:

Njcoral101

View Badges
Reaction score
Nothing can do much I would say do not dose with anything yet keep the tank fallow for 42-75 days. Better the water levels and keep an eye on it

OP
Marie7

Marie7

View Badges
Reaction score
There is no singular cause for Hole-In-The-Head Disease, and there are some species of fish that seem predisposed to it, such as Tangs and Surgeonfish. Although occasionally caused by a parasite (Hexamitid spp.), it is not commonly found with most infections. Many stressors, such as poor water quality or diet, can start the chain of events that lead to Hole-In-The-Head Disease.

Other possible causes or influences on the progression of Hole-In-The-Head Disease include:

[/QUOTE
]i put a bag of something with carbon on it, but I been loosing fishes even prior to Saturday when I did the water change

https://www.omegasea.net/
OP
Marie7

Marie7

View Badges
Reaction score
It was a sailfin I think it is possible that he could have killed/stressed out the other tangs a lot can happen when the lights go off
The sailfin? but remember I'm loosing them prior to add this guy 3 weeks ago, what confused me if the film of dust all over the rocks and on the bodies of some of the ones that die already

Do you have any "bully fish" in your tank?

• YES (tell us in the thread)

Votes: 207 58.8%
  • NO bullies just misunderstood...

Votes: 122 34.7%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 23 6.5%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors
SaltwaterAquarium.com