Do I lower output on LED if I add another?

PugsAndFish

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 10, 2018
Messages
554
Reaction score
255
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Hydra 26HD over my 24 x 20 x 20 tank. I added some sticks and the bottom portions of my sticks are losing color. I don't believe the tissue is dead since I still see small polyps. In order to prevent shading, I am considering add t5s with the aquatic life fixture so I have a t5/led hybrid.

But I also have an extra Hydra 26HD in the closet. Should I just add this extra LED? If so, should I lower the intensity of both?
 
Add the second led and us a light meter , lux or par) to set the intensity.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new