Do you use an acclimation box?

• Total voters

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hi everyone! Do you use a fish acclimation box before you introduce new fish/inhabitants to your reef tank? Let me know why or why not. In my latest video, I show you how I introduce my new clownfish, cleaner shrimp, conch snail, and other snails to my tank. I use acclimation box now because it reduces the initial aggression of adding a new fish and it sets the pecking order before things could potentially get bad, like it did with some of my other fish. Also SHOW ME YOUR CLOWNS, CLEANER SHRIMP, AND/OR CONCH SNAILS!!

A view on my video means a lot to me. One view shows me that one person gave me time to relax and enjoy my content and hard work. I would really appreciate if you simply viewed this video, but if you want to show your support even further, I’d appreciate if you liked, subscribed, and left a comment.

Check out the other videos on my channel:
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCEWCIj6yc7Goxg-ez80CbuA

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ocean’s Piece

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't, no. Maybe I should, but the transition has probably been stressful enough - so I generally acclimate and introduce them to the tank ASAP - and let them make new fish friends right away.
In most cases, this method works for sure. I’ve just had bad history with adding fish, so better safe than sorry. When I added my first pair of clownfish, everything went well for a week until the clownfish started forcing the royal gramma I had into a corner and pecked at it. May have been a bad batch, but after that, I had to get one. I should have used it on my Midas blenny when I first added him, but I was hesitant because of how big he was. The pecking order was definitely flipped once he was added, and not smoothly. Until I added my new clownfish, there were about 20 accounts of tail nipping on my royal gramma over the course of 6 months. After I added my clownfish, things are at a perfect balance.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 12 26.1%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 38 82.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.3%
Back