Does anyone from Aqua Illumination

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

MoreReefPlease

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even monitor these threads? My 2x Prime 16 HD lights are 30 days old and the color difference at night and early morning is super noticeable. Also, how the heck are you supposed to Child/Parent these new lights? Attempting the same function with the new lights doesn't work. This shouldn't happen no matter how much you spend on lights. I bet I could get a chinese black box that has better color parity between units and probably equal instructions on pairing.

Has anyone else had any luck calling or emailing AI support to figure these issues out? I'm *THIS* close to returning these things before the window runs out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Robertellis30

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 3 32hd paired up putting out the same color of light. I even bought them all at different times from different locations.

Were they purchased new at the same time?

OP
OP
MoreReefPlease

MoreReefPlease

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 3 32hd paired up putting out the same color of light. I even bought them all at different times from different locations.

Were they purchased new at the same time?
They were purchased a day apart, new from MarineDepot.

So your Hydras are in a child/parent arrangement or they're just paired to the app?

OP
OP
MoreReefPlease

MoreReefPlease

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Answering my own question but if anyone else wants the answer here it is:

1590429205092.png

Basically, we're early adopters and have to deal with the hangups of beta testing lights ATM.

redfishreef96

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have both 16 lights on the same tank in your AI app? You can control multiple 16HD on same schedule. Can only put 16HD, 32HD, or 64HD on the schedules of the same kind, they can't mix, which is what I believe your post refers to.

Answering my own question but if anyone else wants the answer here it is:

1590429205092.png

Basically, we're early adopters and have to deal with the hangups of beta testing lights ATM.

OP
OP
MoreReefPlease

MoreReefPlease

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have both 16 lights on the same tank in your AI app? You can control multiple 16HD on same schedule. Can only put 16HD, 32HD, or 64HD on the schedules of the same kind, they can't mix, which is what I believe your post refers to.

Yes, same tank, same app, same schedule same phone. One is definitely more purple at night and brighter in the morning.

OP
OP
MoreReefPlease

MoreReefPlease

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They released an app update last week with directions on how to fix these issues, did you update and verify setting per there instructions? It fixed my similar issue.

Was the update on Android or iOS? I'm using a Galaxy. I sure didn't see anything about an update, I'm going to check right now lol.

OP
OP
MoreReefPlease

MoreReefPlease

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My app had updated in the background. I did the verify thing so we'll see how it goes tonight! Fingers crossed!

OP
OP
MoreReefPlease

MoreReefPlease

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AI is THE WORST company I have ever done business with. I bought 2 hydra 26's and they released the HD's the day after, I said if I would have known they were releasing a new light I would have waited an extra day. I asked if I could send them back and exchange them for an additional $60 or whatever the difference was and they blocked my E-mail, phone number and never replied on social media. Now years later I can't login to my "MyAI" account. I'll never buy their products again after all of this. Sucks because I was new to the hobby when it happened and almost made me quit it

Isn't it crazy? This is one of the only industries were you can drop hundreds or thousands of dollars and be treated like Joe Blow off the street.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 47.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 12 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.4%
Back