OP
OP
michael.cser20

michael.cser20

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you get a tote from walmart? A brute trashcan? Maybe a friend with a spare tank? If you live near dallas, tx I have several that I could lend you.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sterilite-64-Quart-Latching-Box-Titanium/48194360
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sterilite-30-Gallon-Tote-Fuchsia-Flight-Case-of-6-or-Single-Unit/48874836
I have a container i can use but no filter or extra heater. The closet i can get all the stuff is the 13th when i get paid. And thank you for the offer but i live 2000 miles away in ct. May is the worst time of year for this to be happening plus ill be away for work for the next 4 days so i think im screwed

nitrodude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Petco $1/g sale, $10 10g, $20 20g.
Curpamine is $5.

Only other thing you really need is water from your tank, a couple pieces of live rock/rubble and a powerhead.

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Petco $1/g sale, $10 10g, $20 20g.
Curpamine is $5.

Only other thing you really need is water from your tank, a couple pieces of live rock/rubble and a powerhead.

You dont want live rock in the QT especially if your using copper. The live rock will absorb and release the copper making it unpredictable and difficult to control the levels.

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a container i can use but no filter or extra heater. The closet i can get all the stuff is the 13th when i get paid. And thank you for the offer but i live 2000 miles away in ct. May is the worst time of year for this to be happening plus ill be away for work for the next 4 days so i think im screwed

Well. We can only do what we can do. Family is more important than fish and tanks, so that's first. Hope it works our for you.

OP
OP
michael.cser20

michael.cser20

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So its over i think i lost all my fish but managed to save my blue green chromis and my 6 line. How long till i have to wait till i can restock. Ill be quarintine all new fish now of course. Its been i think 2 or 3 weeks sense the last one died

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So its over i think i lost all my fish but managed to save my blue green chromis and my 6 line. How long till i have to wait till i can restock. Ill be quarintine all new fish now of course. Its been i think 2 or 3 weeks sense the last one died
If there are no fish present at all in your display, 76 days to be 100% safe

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

JasReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about the fish. If I were you I would spend your next fish money on supplies for a quarantine set up. Check craigs list for stuff. You don't need to run it until you get new fish or current ones get sick. About 30 dollars in supplies would have saved you from that tragic loss.

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I set up a 55 gal qt I bought cheap and was going to sell and decided to keep for a qt. I leave it running all the time, and let it run fallow like DT's. I do full TTM and then observe fish in this qt and treat if I need to with coppersafe.

OP
OP
michael.cser20

michael.cser20

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about the fish. If I were you I would spend your next fish money on supplies for a quarantine set up. Check craigs list for stuff. You don't need to run it until you get new fish or current ones get sick. About 30 dollars in supplies would have saved you from that tragic loss.
Ill be buying a quarantine im just wondering what to do with my current 2 fish.

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ill be buying a quarantine im just wondering what to do with my current 2 fish.

Your current two fish should be treated for ich and the display left fallow for 76 days. If you use copper it's 30 days straight with the copper at therapeutic levels the whole time. Depending on which type of copper you get (chelated or ionic) the therapeutic levels are different, as are the test kits needed to keep track of where your levels are at. Leave the fish in the QT until the fallow period is over concentrating on nutrition and watching for any other problems that may need addressing before going back home.

OP
OP
michael.cser20

michael.cser20

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know what some good desease resistant fish are for my 75 gallon when its time to restock.

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know what some good desease resistant fish are for my 75 gallon when its time to restock.

Fish with a thick slime coat like Clowns, mandarins and wrasses are all pretty hardy with thick slime coats to help protect them. That's not to say they can't carry or be effected by it, but they have a better resistance than other fish like tangs.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish with a thick slime coat like Clowns, mandarins and wrasses are all pretty hardy with thick slime coats to help protect them. That's not to say they can't carry or be effected by it, but they have a better resistance than other fish like tangs.

Surprisingly, Zebrasoma tangs seem to be far more parasite resistant than any other surgeonfish.

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Surprisingly, Zebrasoma tangs seem to be far more parasite resistant than any other surgeonfish.

Very true. But relative to other species they are still more prone to it than say a clownfish or wrasse.

NewbieSeth

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had an angel in my tank that I didn't QT (dummy) and it gave my tank velvet. First to go was the Angel, then a blenny and a clown. Clowns are more resistant but not immune. Bought a hospital tank that will be used to QT from here on out but that was an expensive mistake on my part! I know your pain. When you get the QT take the remaining fish out, treat with cupramine so they carry it back into your display and leave it fallow (fishless) for a few months

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 40.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back