Does Ordering Online through LFS benefit them?

marxman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys,

I have an LFS in my area that has been very helpful to me in the last year or so. I buy all my livestock and corals from them.

Sometimes, I go in to see if they have hardware, I mean things like skimmers, controllers, or wave-makers. If they don't have it in stock they offer to "order" it online and have is shipped to my home; sometimes I get it shipped to the store, because who doesn't like a trip to the store.
The price is basically the same price I would get online at say BRS, but without shipping costs.

Does placing an order through my LFS to an online retailer benefit my LFS at all? I want to support them and I think I am just curious if anyone knows.
if it does benefit them and they are basically ordering from the same online source I would go to, then I will order everything through them in the future.

Dilan Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
im betting that they either get a discount from the supplier and or bump up the price a certain %. So I think yes they receive some sort of benefit.

Bosreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hell yeab it benefits them, they wouldn't do it if it didn't, they are buying at wholesale when they order something prob ordering multiple and then selling to you for the retail price. Good practice keep doing it

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 48 33.8%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 37 26.1%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 29 20.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 27 19.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.7%
Back