Does Reefbot support still exist?

DrMMI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone been able to contact Reefkinetics support staff recently? I've sent a few messages through the app and through whatsapp, but I haven't heard back. Is the company still around?

rushbattle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone been able to contact Reefkinetics support staff recently? I've sent a few messages through the app and through whatsapp, but I haven't heard back. Is the company still around?
They haven not responded to any of my requests for help with BOTH of my broken useless bots for months.

OP
OP
D

DrMMI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For what it's worth, they did eventually get back to me after about a week, although the solution they gave me was the same old answer they give me every time. It didn't work the first 20 times you suggested it, why would it work now?

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw an announcement today v2 is launched and in stock, but keep seeing info about pack of support. Sounds like they need to worry a bit about support or there wnt be a v3.

thom_smith

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Reached out to Reef Kinetics tonight regarding another in a long line of Reefbot failures. Currently neither RO nor test chamber fill. Past history of test chamber overflows, test chamber dry, RO chamber dry, bad stirrer, bent needles, bent arm upon initial receipt. Inquired about refurb or v2 upgrade/trade. Exact message sent via FB Messenger and Support portal:

Does Reef Kinetics offer a refurb or v2 upgrade promotion? Preferrably refurb so I don't have to sink any more money into this product? I am attempting to get Reefbot RK0114 online and operational before I give up on it and throw it in the trash heap. Calibration of test chamber fails. Chamber is bone dry. Calibration of RO chamber fails. Chamber is also bone dry. In both cases attempting to draw water from a bowl of water immediately in front of unit with hoses submerged.

I am not a DIY person and have no desire to troubleshoot extensively and/or repair/replace the pumps myself. I'd rather just pay a reasonable premium to have unit repaired, refurbished or upgraded to a working, tested and accurate unit. I was an early adopter and have never trusted the accuracy of my bot. I've only infrequently tried the unit after the initial novelty excitement wore off and disappointment set in. Check my test history and you'll understand. I have accepted the reality of throwing my bot in the trash and waiting impatiently for the Mastertronic to be released in the US. Already embraced their other products. Feeling

Up much of the night waiting and communicating with them due to timezone differences. Nearly blew a gasket when offered v2 unit at $800. Refurb not to exceed $100 but I have to cover shipping. Maybe letting v2 sticker shock cloud my judgement but even questioning that as I get back a bot that was released prematurely, is finicky and fragile and frequently produces inaccurate results. Have had Alkatronic and Dosetronic since early on and hear rave reviews of Mastertronic from outside the US. Really feeling as though latest pump issue is last straw for Reefbot. On verge of throwing it in the trash and waiting for Mastertronic.

rushbattle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reached out to Reef Kinetics tonight regarding another in a long line of Reefbot failures. Currently neither RO nor test chamber fill. Past history of test chamber overflows, test chamber dry, RO chamber dry, bad stirrer, bent needles, bent arm upon initial receipt. Inquired about refurb or v2 upgrade/trade. Exact message sent via FB Messenger and Support portal:

Does Reef Kinetics offer a refurb or v2 upgrade promotion? Preferrably refurb so I don't have to sink any more money into this product? I am attempting to get Reefbot RK0114 online and operational before I give up on it and throw it in the trash heap. Calibration of test chamber fails. Chamber is bone dry. Calibration of RO chamber fails. Chamber is also bone dry. In both cases attempting to draw water from a bowl of water immediately in front of unit with hoses submerged.

I am not a DIY person and have no desire to troubleshoot extensively and/or repair/replace the pumps myself. I'd rather just pay a reasonable premium to have unit repaired, refurbished or upgraded to a working, tested and accurate unit. I was an early adopter and have never trusted the accuracy of my bot. I've only infrequently tried the unit after the initial novelty excitement wore off and disappointment set in. Check my test history and you'll understand. I have accepted the reality of throwing my bot in the trash and waiting impatiently for the Mastertronic to be released in the US. Already embraced their other products. Feeling

Up much of the night waiting and communicating with them due to timezone differences. Nearly blew a gasket when offered v2 unit at $800. Refurb not to exceed $100 but I have to cover shipping. Maybe letting v2 sticker shock cloud my judgement but even questioning that as I get back a bot that was released prematurely, is finicky and fragile and frequently produces inaccurate results. Have had Alkatronic and Dosetronic since early on and hear rave reviews of Mastertronic from outside the US. Really feeling as though latest pump issue is last straw for Reefbot. On verge of throwing it in the trash and waiting for Mastertronic.
Total scam, they sold us a junk prototype as a real product. I have two that don’t function at all, and I get the same responses when I complain but never they never respond when it’s not public. The latest was the “color sensor” being broken, and my needing to buy a new one. It’s only done a few dozen tests successfully, what utter garbage. Dumping more money into the same junk product is nonsensical. Including capital cost, I am paying something like $20 per successful test over the lifetime of the devices, I could pay an accredited lab less and get much more accurate and precise results!

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 101 75.4%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.2%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back