Dosing Potassium?

PR_Reefers

Reefer 4 Life!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some questions regarding dosing of potassium.. I use brightwells regularly (for blue coloration) and I just started dosing zeovit's potassium iodide (as iodine rplcmnt), both claim to increase blue coloration is SPS! I believe they do help with the blue coloration of SPS (my acros have intense blue)... but Also what's the diffrence between potassium iodide vs. postassium or iodine dosing? From what I thought according to Calfo's book potassium iodide is a way of delivering iodine! but will the potassium in this solution funcion as the potassium from brightwell's helping blue coloration? Zeovit's product potassium iodide claims it increases SPS blue coloration also, but they do supply their own potassium, k balance! So.. I thought I'd like to read what some experts on the topic have to say!:tongue:What do you guys think? Is potassium itself helpful necessary to dose? how frequently?What does it do specifically?
If this has already been discussed.. please point to the thread thanks!!

Last edited:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back