Dosing question?

  • Thread starter Thread starter TK_KW
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

TK_KW

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 2, 2019
Messages
1,140
Reaction score
1,587
Location
Southern Ontario
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 55gallon drum I use for make up water. I use Aquavitro salt. After mixing last batch, I tested dkh and it came back at 6.9.

Do you pre dose dkh and cal to levels that you want your tank to be at?

Also because I manually change water in my frag/invert qt tank. I'd assume I want to pre dose not to cause any level fluctuations?
 
Correct. Match to tank Params to cause the least amount of fluctuations.
 
Something is not right. They guarantee to be within ± 5% of the midpoint (at 35‰ salinity), and alkalinity range is 3.2 meq/L (9.0 dKh) to 3.8 meq/l (10.6 dKh).

What salinity are you at and what are you using to measure? And what kit do you have to measure alkalinity?
 
Something is not right. They guarantee to be within ± 5% of the midpoint (at 35‰ salinity), and alkalinity range is 3.2 meq/L (9.0 dKh) to 3.8 meq/l (10.6 dKh).

What salinity are you at and what are you using to measure? And what kit do you have to measure alkalinity?

I agree its low, which I thought was also weird. Batch hadn't mixed for 24 hours, more like 3 hours when I tested.

1.026
Hanna checker DKH
Milwakee digital refractometer
Water temp 78.5

Every batch I've made up to date, floats between 7.5 and 6.9, which 6.9 is the lowest ive measured. It's usually around 7.3ish
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new