Dream Fish

hawkbait

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want a blue mandarin super bad I built my whole tank around it and just waiting for my pods to be enough to sustain the beautiful fish. Bonus yellow watch men goby and pistol shrimp but that's just to observe the unique relationship.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok ..lol..in that case ,yes love the desjardini sailfin,my personal favorite is the vlamingii,most personality of all tangs,but..they go 24"long 2+inches thick :)

Vlamingi outgrew even my 450. Easy to catch, not so easy to rehome. Have a 3” baby now. I imagine I’m in the minority, but I really like the Naso genus. Have a liturgis, brevirostris, small vlamingi and small unicornis. (Neither of which will stay small).

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Vlamingi outgrew even my 450. Easy to catch, not so easy to rehome. Have a 3” baby now. I imagine I’m in the minority, but I really like the Naso genus. Have a liturgis, brevirostris, small vlamingi and small unicornis. (Neither of which will stay small).
agree will get another pair when set up figure maybe 7-8 years will out grow the 600,hope the zoo or aquarium will take ,bill wann will get first dibs 96"x48"x30"tall peninsula,on hold ,has dinner with us rt now ;) party's too..lol
WP_20200228_16_37_23_Pro.jpg
WP_20200515_19_11_08_Pro.jpg

Chrille26

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had 3 & they all died within 2 wks so wont buy anymore unless I'm able to setup a better control system(Apex type). But I've always loved the Emperor Angel.

Oh that sucks! Guess I will have to do some reading and preparing once its time to oull the trigger on one if they are hard to keep, long term.

Krully

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is probably an eel like the snowflake. Not that it’s impossible but it’s such a hassle with the tight fitting lid, secured rock work and manual feedings. Plus my tank is already stocked so it’ll have to wait if I ever get one.

Soulpher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Goldflake, Regal and Flame in my tank. The flame occasionally picks on one coral it's an Acro. GoldFlake and Regal have not nipped once on a coral. I also feed twice a day. when i feed the tangs they eat as well.

giovanni3122

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I working on getting my hands on one, and I'm more of a FOWLR guy, so a Mombasa Lionfish.... Maybe sharks too, but that's a whole other level and game and probably not practical. And I have a juvenile Sailfin, he is great! More Aggressive then you think towards my butterflies.

Last edited:

Soulpher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is the whitecheek? I've always loved those. I have a Sailfin, Scopas, and Naso. Not sure how they would react to an acanthurus.
Salfin is the most aggressive one on your list. you could take the sailfin out and intro whitecheek at the same time. My purple tang has no issues with Whitecheek.

RtomKinMad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m with you! I love these fish. I have a 300gal 8” tank with Sohal 12 yrs old, blonde naso, unicorn, and vlamingi. The unicorn and vlamingi are smaller but growing fast as I feed well. Also have angels. Sure hope this tank will be big enough to sustain for several years. I hope to never have to rehome but will if it hurts the fish. My favorite is the Sohal!

radiata

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd like to give way my three tangs and replace then with Moorish Idols...

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Achilles/gold rim hybrid. I’ll have it some day. Cuban basslet is cool too(wild gramma dejongi)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 164 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.7%
Back