Drove In

Saiyuki

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone,

I am from Northern CA. I recently got into the hobby after helping a few of my friends with the hobby. Before that I helped a biology teacher with his aquariums, but that seems like a long time ago. Now I finally have my own 55 gallon tank. I was going to wait for a few months before setting it up, but someone gave me a lionfish and koran angelfish. I tried to get my tank up asap to help the fish since I had to eventually keep them in a holding tank. I ended up losing the angelfish :cry: but the lionfish is doing quite well. :bigsmile: I hoping the lionfish will survive as I had to put him in the tank already. Luckily the live sand and rock were already cured and I received a couple of bucket from an established tank already. The levels were tested and it seems everything is okay at the moment. Hopefully the lionfish will stay that way :neutral:

I have already read through some of discussion and I have found most of them have some good information. I look forward to being part of the group.

Thanks

ahayes13

In a reefin' haze
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi ! Welcome to r2r. :) sorry you lost the angel, thats always sad. but glad your lionfish is doing well. :)
congrats on the tank and cant wait to see some pics.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to R2R! We are here for you so don't hesitate to let us know what's going on. :)

ficklefins

Super Duper Moderator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome, and sorry about your angelfish. When you are thrown into that position there is only so much you can do. I'm glad that your lionfish is doing well, but what is your goal for the tank? Will it be a reef setup, or fish only with live rock?

SaraB

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! Hope you find this site as a great resource for your tank!

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 76 44.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 79 46.2%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.4%
Back