Dry Rock in Quarantine

ReforgeBlade

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 23, 2023
Messages
21
Reaction score
9
Location
Penn Yan
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im putting together a full time 40 breeder to have as a quarantine for new fish and to treat any sick fish. So I’m curious to know how many people keep a full time hospital tank/ Quarantine tank and do you keep dry/ cycled rock in it. Or do you keep some sort of sponge filter to house the beneficial bacteria?
 
Im putting together a full time 40 breeder to have as a quarantine for new fish and to treat any sick fish. So I’m curious to know how many people keep a full time hospital tank/ Quarantine tank and do you keep dry/ cycled rock in it. Or do you keep some sort of sponge filter to house the beneficial bacteria?

I avoid using calcium based rocks or substrate in my QT as that interferes with copper medications. I like to run a couple of good sponge filters (like the old Tetra brand dual sponges) in the sump of my DT and then have them ready to use any time I need to set up a QT.
 
Thanks for the response that’s good to know. I plan on running copper on a coral beauty and an aptasia file fish. I’m currently doing just some basic sponge on a hob filter with a 150 watt heater a air stone and a small sicce wave maker
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new