Duncan been looking and acting weird

  • Thread starter Thread starter J062682l
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

J062682l

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 13, 2013
Messages
890
Reaction score
6
Location
Connecticut,USA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ImageUploadedByReef2Reef Aquarium Forum1381278140.278050.jpg
ImageUploadedByReef2Reef Aquarium Forum1381278196.548261.jpg
ImageUploadedByReef2Reef Aquarium Forum1381278230.562507.jpg
ImageUploadedByReef2Reef Aquarium Forum1381278314.035687.jpg

My main big head on my Duncan began to almost decay(i think)i soon noticed 3 small heads growing larger. , will Duncan's split? Will one head die to make space for other heads.
All my parameters are Ok. Test daily and weekly,,,, well my calcium is high and it doesn't seem to drop below 500 no matter what
 
If its closing up I'd consider moving it to lower flow or lighting. Duncans can be temperamental. Never seen one split though.
 
What about nitrates and phosphates? I would move it into higher flow and try to feed it if it will take foods.
 
All water parameters good except high calcium. Local lfs has helped with regulating water parameters I might do a dip tomorrow
 
I'm seeing plenty of algae which could mean plenty of phosphates and excess nutrients.
Duncan's do not split nor recede to make room for new growth. It's usually a water quality issue when they become unhappy. I've found them to be pretty tolerant of different light & flow.


Sent from my iPhone 4s via Tapatalk.
 
Threw phosguard in the canister the other day,phosphates and nitrates gone ,salt 1.024 ph 8.2-8.3calcium is higher then 500. Dkh at 9 and mag is around 1300 I think
 
Threw phosguard in the canister the other day,phosphates and nitrates gone ,salt 1.024 ph 8.2-8.3calcium is higher then 500. Dkh at 9 and mag is around 1300 I think

Any chance this started when you added the PhosGuard? Could be you stripped the water to quick. Most LPS do like a little dirtier water.


Sent from my iPhone 4s via Tapatalk.
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new