Duncans and Seahorses

multsh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently came across Duncans and were interested in adding in the tank. I’ve read mixed reviews online with some people mentioning no issues and others cautioning against. From all I’ve read they are peaceful so was curious to understand if anyone kept or any info if they are compatible with seahorses.

Thanks!

lilgrounchuck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven’t kept seahorses but I’d imagine adults would be ok. If they breed in there the babies might get eaten. I know my Duncan likes medium flow though, and what it’s happiest in seems like it would probably be too much for seahorses, so flow could be an issue.

OP
OP
multsh

multsh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I can probably work through the flow with positioning, and if they breed would likely need to move anyway.

My bigger concern was stinging (which I've heard they don't sting) and if seahorses branch if there would be injury. Thanks!

sde1500

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Duncan that is making contact with two acro frags I have. It’s been a few weeks of that so far and they both show signs of small amounts of damage. So there is definitely stinging going on. That being said if it was a torch or acan the frags would be fully dead by now. So def a minor sting.

lilgrounchuck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, all of my fish wind up among the Duncan at some point and none have ever shown a mark. I think the horsies would be good on that front.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.0%
Back