Dwarf Angels died...now what??

Haggisman14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've got myself a 29 Gallon BioCube. My flame angel died on Monday, and my Coral Beauty died this morning after a tank move. So far all my other fish are fine (2 clowns, a 6-line, and a bangai cardinal).

Since I'm down 2 fish, any suggestions for some new tank mates? Another Wrasse? I love color and personality, so any suggestions are welcome!

Thanks!

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're going to need a fish with a strong personality for that size tank and the present fish types. I doubt the 6 line will tolerate another wrasse in a small tank. Perhaps a Royal Gramma or a Yellow Tail Damsel, Yellow Watchman Goby.

OP
OP
Haggisman14

Haggisman14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a Royal Gramma at one point...he did not fair well. Got beat up by everyone...

I find it so funny about the 6-line being mean to others...by himself...he's a model citizen! Any one have experience with Potters angels? I know they're beautiful but not sure on the reef safe aspect.

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Potters Angels are one of hardest Dwarf Angels to acclimate. If I were you I would stay away from Dwarf Angels, they require room, varied diet and each individual dwarf angel has the potential to munch on corals and clams.

Heddon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I suggest you look on liveAquaria and pay attention to what it says for minimum tank size for the various fish. A Black Cap Basslet is a colorful fish and more aggressive then a Royal Gramma but would provide some nice color. The minimum tank size for it is 30 gallons. I would not get a damsel. They tend to be real aggressive. I would be very careful about putting another wrasse in the tank. And I quote "Though generally peaceful, the Six Line Wrasse may act aggressively towards peaceful Wrasses and other easily-intimidated fish, especially if inadequately fed or if its habitat is void of places in which it can hide."

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 32 26.9%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 26 21.8%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 13 10.9%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 41 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.7%
Back