teeduff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased live rock and unknowingly it came with a baby bubble tip nem. My tank is about a week old and not established at all. The nem isn’t doing so well and only comes out when the lights are off sometimes. What do i do?

59679C6F-0A22-4C21-A9F1-68BD775F3D9F.jpeg

j.falk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
It looks bleached. I would take it out and rehome it....wait until night when it comes out, then take the rock out of your tank, hold it upside down over a bucket of saltwater and be patient. The anemone will fall off the rock. It will take some time...but it does work to get them off of rocks without damaging them. If you try to pull / pry it out of the hole you'll more than likely tear it and it will die.

OP
OP
T

teeduff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks bleached. I would take it out and rehome it....wait until night when it comes out, then take the rock out of your tank, hold it upside down over a bucket of saltwater and be patient. The anemone will fall off the rock. It will take some time...but it does work to get them off of rocks without damaging them. If you try to pull / pry it out of the hole you'll more than likely tear it and it will die.
thank you! i will try this

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 126 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back