Early morning reefers. Do you . . . . . . .

MECOMI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im sure we have an abundance of reefers that rise early in the morning.
Do you tend to or check on your tank before you begin your day or leave for work or do you make coffee your go to event each day and deal with tank later?

If you start the day with your tank, what is your daily task or goal?

For myself, I assure all components running, fusion for Apex shows nothing out of norm and no distressed fish as the lights are on a very low setting when the day begins
Every morning before work i do a quick visual inspection. Temp, sump, pumps, and top off. I do not feel good about leaving the house till these are done! A spot of OCD is included in this message :rolleyes:

Later days,

B-Kind

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup. If I have new livestock or equipment, I check on them before leaving for work. I also check neptune fusion every morning and a few times throughout the day.

PeterErc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am always sure not to wake up grumpy, so she can sleep in.

Not a whole lot to check on, if something is wrong grumpy wakes up and says “ what’s that noise? Can you fix it”

I have a grumpy monitor lol only if I could program her maintenance would be a snap. I think she is broken and out of warranty.

Some mornings I do look in the tank with a flashlight. If everything is in feeding response parameters are usually good

Chris Spaulding

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First thing in the AM get food ready for fish and feed the dogs. while food is defrosting and lights have not come on yet I check fusion , pull water for testing Po4 and Nitrate.( I have been working on getting them down). Then I dose Zeovit and Moonshiners that need to be done for the day.Checking all equipment at that time and empty the skimmer cups if needed. Sit back watch the morning news and the tank waking up then feed the fish before heading off to work.

Aggressive240

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get up at 4am, Start the coffee and check the Hydros app. I then sit and watch the fish in the moonlight while getting through my first cup. Before I leave for work I verify the ATO is good, Wipe down any salt creep, Check skimmer and CO2 scrubber. Then I check the remote fuge and mist all the mangrove leaves. Every few days I also do a full panel test for levels. Once home from work I check filter socks, Skimmer, CO2 scrubber, Feed fish etc etc etc. Sometimes I feel like I give it way to much attention

Danyole

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't mess with my tank until the lights turn on. Just upgraded from a nano to a large tank with a sump so I check to make sure that nothing is overflowing from past trauma from a nightmare setup I had a few years ago but yeah. I'm up around 5 and my lights don't come on until 9

McPuff

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will look at my control boxes on the side of the stand to make sure all of the lights look correct, then I will usually just quickly glance at the tank to make sure nothing looks (or sounds) abnormal.
I am not a morning person so I usually don’t wake up early enough to do much to the tank before leaving for work.
Replying only to say Go Blue! National Champs! :0)

As for the thread, it really depends on when and where I'm working. I don't bother going downstairs to look at the tank unless it's after 9am when the lights start to come on. So the fish might get their nori at 10 or they may not get it until 5/17:00. All the maintenance is done in the afternoon or evening.

tzabor10

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s in our bedroom so always have to check. Lights start at 6am. Desjardini Sailfin starts his morning laps. I listen for trouble, check the Fusion, then peek at the sump. Last night was Coral feeding so the fleece roller needs to be checked, making sure it didn’t blow through a whole roll. IMG_5396.jpeg

Sophie"s mom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im sure we have an abundance of reefers that rise early in the morning.
Do you tend to or check on your tank before you begin your day or leave for work or do you make coffee your go to event each day and deal with tank later?

If you start the day with your tank, what is your daily task or goal?

For myself, I assure all components running, fusion for Apex shows nothing out of norm and no distressed fish as the lights are on a very low setting when the day begins
I get up, make coffee, get nori ready to switch out in tank, make sure all is running good, check temp, then sit back, enjoy my coffee while waiting for lights to come on. Then I feed the tank inhabitants, before leaving for work.

Joj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My lights are on by 630. While still in bed, I check my webcam that faces the tank (tank is in garage) to make sure lights and fish are up and about. This also mean electricity is on. Ill feed nori on the clips before I go to work.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 30 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 111 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back