Ecotech Radion G5 Speculation

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sounds like you see an opportunity and have (or are close to) a means to fill it while still making a profit. Why not pursue it?

We specify light fixtures and do lighting analysis not design them. We do street lighting, site lighting, retail, cold storage, warehouse pretty much everything.

I am starting to get the feeling that if a new light comes out it will be an all new form factor. Not something that is a replacement for the G4 but a new product all together. maybe something longer and narrower? Maybe something smaller than the XR15. I don't however believe that that is the big product launch that will be coming next!

Very possible, they have been pretty innovative and they have had a wining design so far.. They might go another way with Ecotech and another way with AI?

My new reef is having t-5 and Kessil. I like the Kessil for its color blending and shimmer. There is a give and take for a tight cluster like the Kessil, more shading but better color blending. The Radion is kind of the middle ground between something like the Kessil and those that spread the leds out over the entire fixture.

I have not used the Radion mainly because it is to expensive but I also have not been a fan of led over a reef yet. I always feel I have to supplement them. This next round might be very close.

I would defiantly consider a Radion if the price was right. The result are pretty good from what I have seen so far.

Led are getting better now they just have to work on the price.

Last edited:

Orly20

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it true that the Radion G5 are coming out already? Someone said that they are announcing it in MACNA

Again, I’m only hearing from a couple of LFS

Thanks

Dan Korczak

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it true that the Radion G5 are coming out already? Someone said that they are announcing it in MACNA

Again, I’m only hearing from a couple of LFS

Thanks

Well, a boy could dream, but it seems like we're not getting them this year.
I'll be looking elsewhere for next-gen lighting :)

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gman Any news from this front

MIReefer78

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I asked about this at MACNA. The rep didn’t confirm or deny a G5 in development but did say the G4 will be the latest and greatest for some time. At least through late 2019.

Dan Korczak

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I asked about this at MACNA. The rep didn’t confirm or deny a G5 in development but did say the G4 will be the latest and greatest for some time. At least through late 2019.

You'd think otherwise with this recent sale they had on their XR30 G4's!

vin666

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates on this... I'm still holding to my cash. Please ecotech take it from me.

JMetaxas

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can guarantee you that it IS happening.........................So sell me your Xr30W G4, ........very cheaply.

BTW, I just don't know when exactly it's happening, .........but can assure you, someday.

vin666

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can guarantee you that it IS happening.........................So sell me your Xr30W G4, ........very cheaply.

BTW, I just don't know when exactly it's happening, .........but can assure you, someday.
LOL... That helped alot. I'm upgrading from g3 Pro. They should at least give us a heads us. Any news from reef apalooza show?

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't expect any news to late 2019 around MACNA as that is when these kind of equipment are announced.

DesertReefT4r

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems like there is nothing new coming from Radion in the way of a new light any time soon. I would think a G5 would have an increase in out put/power, built in diffuser and Reef link. I really feel like the Radion has the LED layout, spectrum and puck design down. Maybe a larger version than the XR30 like an XR60 with 4 pucks or 2 larger pucks for larger tanks.

Back