Ecotech Radion G5 Speculation

hyprc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man G4 has been out for a while, I guess it’s hard to beat the best
They've given interviews stating they've pretty much reached the limit of potential with their current design and any foreseeable development will have to do with user experience and ease of use (Mobius for one). They're satisfied with the performance and color (frankly, I am too, just hate the price tag). I have to think they're working on a new design but we're not talking an evolution of the current Radion, but a new light entirely most likely. They have no incentive to release said new light until a better/cheaper option comes along though...

2Wheelsonly

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d had to think design focus should shift with the expectation that materials to make will become cheaper and they can work on density/shadowing issues. More lights and different form factors.

Chris155hp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe a panel style light from them.....
I think you might be on to something....Seems the trend as of late. Helps eliminate dead spots/shadowing from the cluster. Especially with their “bubble wrap” lenses. Say maybe 4 clusters that are spread out over the entire area of the fixture. Well see

hyprc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gonna be real disappointed if the fixture doesn't at least get better spread or significantly cheaper (doubtful with more LEDs).

pdxmonkeyboy

Sticks!! Give me the sticks!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fair enough. I was kind of thinking that it is not that super exciting.. I mean there hasn't been some huge leap in LED technology or anything has there?

I do envy their marketing and fan base though. People are ravenous about their ecotech stuff. Anyways, that is what it will look like.

Hausser

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have also heard the cost will be less than new Radion gen 4 pro’s. I also hear there will be two different versions.

RayDRoot

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe it's time to update my Radion gen 2s w/ Gen 5s. I'll wait to see specs, and reviews.

absoluteNANOreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How reliable do you all think this release coming soon is? Was just about to buy some lights this week for my frag tank build but I will wait for gen5 if not too far out.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 33.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back