Ecotech Radion G5 Speculation

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heh. It has been removed. Was up for about an hour. Can't say I have high hopes for better 'performance', just a lower price tag *fingers crossed*. Their old puck was based off a mass-produced design members on this forum ended up finding (their spectrum layout is proprietary) mind you, I'm just talking about the array here, nothing else. This one looks different and the body looks like it came from the same line as their AI lights.

Lower price point?
Ecotech?

Um o_O

Camaro Show Corals

Formally known as The Camaro Show
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Lower price point?
Ecotech?

Um o_O
I’m guessing the lower price point will be similar to the xr30 non pro that sells poorly. Since it’s a small crowd who doesn’t want the additional power and leds. I once heard they developed the non pro for fish only tanks mostly.

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
So the LEDs last forever or until the next gen comes out; whichever comes first. :D

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m guessing the lower price point will be similar to the xr30 non pro that sells poorly. Since it’s a small crowd who doesn’t want the additional power and leds. I once heard they developed the non pro for fish only tanks mostly.

The non-pro line sells poorly, agreed. I bet they kill it and just have the smaller and larger model. Fewer variations makes it easier for vendors to stock more.

PSU4ME

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The “puck” will go away and they will spread out the layout. The big knock on the g4 is shading so to me I think that’s where they look to improve. A T5/led setup is the way to go imo but greedy Ecotech doesn’t want you spending money on the T5 setup, they want it all!

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the LEDs last forever or until the next gen comes out; whichever comes first. :D

LOL …. never have had an LED last to the L70 point. Either the supporting electronics fail (Kessil) or something new comes out and I slavishly upgrade. Don't you hate that!

jlts21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
depending on the price point and everything else, I may ditch the AP700s I have and go with a couple G5's. If I don't I'll definitely nab up a couple G4's at a discount from somebody that wants to upgrade to the G5 hahahaha

hyprc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love how the visual representation of the pro and (I'll say non-pro so I don't divulge) versions of the cluster for the XR-15 are erroneously swapped in the second to last page.

Raptor777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Makes sense why there has been more radion gen4 lights for sale than usual!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Please do not post links or info about something that is not supposed to be shared. I know you’re excited and interested but we’re trying to honor the wishes of a good company.

ReeferBean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please do not post links or info about something that is not supposed to be shared. I know you’re excited and interested but we’re trying to honor the wishes of a good company.

Sorry Rev. Didn't realize. Its a long thread.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sorry Rev. Didn't realize. Its a long thread.

No it’s all good! It’s not any of your faults as it’s a link that is not protected. That being said we’re just trying to honor the wishes of the company even though I would love to see the info our now! :)

jlts21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like it! Can’t wait for them to announce it so we know the price point. Definitely considering ditching the AP700s now. Anybody interested in 2 AP700s?! Hahah

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.2%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 89 80.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.5%

Back