Ecotech Radion G5 Speculation

AbjectMaelstroM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How reliable do you all think this release coming soon is? Was just about to buy some lights this week for my frag tank build but I will wait for gen5 if not too far out.

Your guess is as good as anyone else's.... Unless you're in the loop, in which case there's likely and NDA.

absoluteNANOreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your guess is as good as anyone else's.... Unless you're in the loop, in which case there's likely and NDA.
maybe someone will slip up and tell lol. Yeah I guess I’ll wait a little bit. Still waiting for tank to arrive anyways. I’m just too impatient

May as well wait until the 17th though. It’s only a few days away.

yeah that’s probably the smart thing to do.

jlts21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
May as well wait until the 17th though. It’s only a few days away.
But I want to know now! Hahaha
C4E266D1-D446-4CE9-BF1A-E3CC7F0B8FA5.gif

l8braker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fair enough. I was kind of thinking that it is not that super exciting.. I mean there hasn't been some huge leap in LED technology or anything has there?

I do envy their marketing and fan base though. People are ravenous about their ecotech stuff. Anyways, that is what it will look like.
Where is the pic? I need to upgrade and trying to decide between G4's or waiting.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

NanoDJS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yall kill me , the only way anything is moving foward in lighting from this point is IF and when somebody makes new , better LED's . Then ecotech , AI, your cousin or whomever can actually slap them in a fixture. For now the g4 pros are the most lights you can cram into a board traditionally , which is the production method they have to stick too since other methods are patented, its a shame because those look like the path forward and beyond , its prob towards the end of the road for anything innovative from either camp.... look at the "new" ai 's just as the HDs same meat diff sandwich , its all been extra lamps and driver magic with the new lens. Same bulbs for the whole time they been out , they just add more ,or wizard more watts ... Did not use radions on the DT re-scape and so far I am getting much better results with this particular tank.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yall kill me , the only way anything is moving foward in lighting from this point is IF and when somebody makes new , better LED's . Then ecotech , AI, your cousin or whomever can actually slap them in a fixture. For now the g4 pros are the most lights you can cram into a board traditionally , which is the production method they have to stick too since other methods are patented, its a shame because those look like the path forward and beyond , its prob towards the end of the road for anything innovative from either camp.... look at the "new" ai 's just as the HDs same meat diff sandwich , its all been extra lamps and driver magic with the new lens. Same bulbs for the whole time they been out , they just add more ,or wizard more watts ... Did not use radions on the DT re-scape and so far I am getting much better results with this particular tank.

Can always go “black box” style and away from puck ;). Given they already released somewhat-mediocre diffusers for g4 last year, I’d put money on that!

Last edited:

hyprc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can always go “black box” style and away from puck ;). Given they already released somewhat-mediocre diffusers for g4 last year, I’d put money on that!
The design posted looks like they're spreading out the array a bit and the top fins/fan sure look AI-esque. I'll leave the rest for them to reveal...

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting …. I tend to be a glass-half-empty kind of guy so assume that whatever is announced is underwhelming. That way, I'm either 'right' or pleasantly surprised.

Js.Aqua.Project

Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The design posted looks like they're spreading out the array a bit and the top fins/fan sure look AI-esque. I'll leave the rest for them to reveal...
Late to the coversation here...where could one find this design that has been posted?

hyprc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Late to the coversation here...where could one find this design that has been posted?
Heh. It has been removed. Was up for about an hour. Can't say I have high hopes for better 'performance', just a lower price tag *fingers crossed*. Their old puck was based off a mass-produced design members on this forum ended up finding (their spectrum layout is proprietary) mind you, I'm just talking about the array here, nothing else. This one looks different and the body looks like it came from the same line as their AI lights.

l8braker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well lets just say it should help with shading... so who wants to dump their g4pros now? haha Trying to justify the cost of upgrading my lights.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 53 33.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back