Eight line flasher wrasse agressive?

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only reason is that if i wait for them to get one in then it will have to be shipped. I order from this store online all the time but last time the flashers i got 2 out of 3 died. I then read that flashers in general dont ship too well. Do you think that this flasher would be ok with adding different fish down the road or would it just be agressive to new fish?
In the tank size you have, chances are they’d be aggressive to new fairy/flasher wrasse additions. I really don’t recommend it if you plan for and desperately want other fairies/flashers.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Eightline Flasher never shown any interest in any other fish, other than his female. None of my flashers ever show interest in biting any other fish, but they do flash at each other. Just fake fighting only. Most of my wrasses were shipped to me. the success rate is not 100% but not any worse than the norm for fish. Most of the flashers and fairies are easy to care for and take shipping OK.
The difference with you is you have a 300G tank and that’s a tank where almost every small-medium wrasse would most likely get along no matter the genus or complex. The OP only has what I assume is a 4’x2’ tank (OP has only said it’s a 4’ tank).

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is 100 gallons, 4ft long. Even if i can only add the melanurus and yellow coris i will be happy
You should consider adding the Melanurus last. Also really consider a Radiant wrasse. These two are my favorite from this Genus.

OP
OP
Lps_lover12

Lps_lover12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the tank size you have, chances are they’d be aggressive to new fairy/flasher wrasse additions. I really don’t recommend it if you plan for and desperately want other fairies/flashers.
I do want a blue flasher and some other flasher so i will hold off. Any other fish recommendations i could get while im here that are peaceful?

OP
OP
Lps_lover12

Lps_lover12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The difference with you is you have a 300G tank and that’s a tank where almost every small-medium wrasse would most likely get along no matter the genus or complex. The OP only has what I assume is a 4’x2’ tank (OP has only said it’s a 4’ tank).
Yes you are right it is 4x2 and i know these fish are very active. Such a shame because they are absolutely gorgeous!

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do want a blue flasher and some other flasher so i will hold off. Any other fish recommendations i could get while im here that are peaceful?
As said above, a Radiant Wrasse is a must! This is a photo of my male. Females look very similar however they do have some differences (Although the dimorphism in this species isn’t as extreme as some other species from that genera).
9B828E94-C1FF-4062-BBFF-C13BCD318AB9.jpeg

Another must have fish outside of the Labridae family is a magnificent foxface. I do have to admit, my fish seem to have a pattern in them though…
image.jpg

OP
OP
Lps_lover12

Lps_lover12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As said above, a Radiant Wrasse is a must! This is a photo of my male. Females look very similar however they do have some differences (Although the dimorphism in this species isn’t as extreme as some other species from that genera).

Another must have fish outside of the Labridae family is a magnificent foxface. I do have to admit, my fish seem to have a pattern in them though…
image.jpg
I need one of those for sure! I have a one spot foxface and love it, just hides whenever i come by the tank from a lack of other fish in the tank. Its funny how scared a big fish can be

OP
OP
Lps_lover12

Lps_lover12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

image.jpg
What about a Cirrhilabrus isosceles (pin tail fairy wrasse) are they agressive or peaceful?

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about a Cirrhilabrus isosceles (pin tail fairy wrasse) are they agressive or peaceful?
This is a good choice of wrasse as they aren’t overly aggressive unless it’s towards others in the same complex.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree that Isosceles is not an aggressive wrasse, becasue of that reason, my Isosceles almost never display in my tank, not like other wrasse.
I am going to one up on @i cant think :) I think my picture of Radiant wrasse looks better, even if his Radiant seem to be older and in full display.
We don't call this wrasse Radiant for nothing. I think it is the most unique in the Genus

Both
RadiantWrasse2021031901.jpg

Female
RadiantWrasse2021032004.jpg

Male
RadiantWrasse2022013001.jpg

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree that Isosceles is not an aggressive wrasse, becasue of that reason, my Isosceles almost never display in my tank, not like other wrasse.
I am going to one up on @i cant think :) I think my picture of Radiant wrasse looks better, even if his Radiant seem to be older and in full display.
We don't call this wrasse Radiant for nothing.

Both
RadiantWrasse2021031901.jpg

Female
RadiantWrasse2021032004.jpg

Male
RadiantWrasse2022013001.jpg
Your male appears to be older than mine, your pair is stunning and definitely looks better than mine haha.
I wish I could get that green in the tail but I’m assuming mine is still transitioning.

Back