ELEGANCE CORAL Shrinking why??

  • Thread starter Thread starter dja3617
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

dja3617

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 11, 2015
Messages
20
Reaction score
1
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought an elegance coral on Monday it's now Wednesday I noticed when I came home it was smaller then when I bought it and when I turned my lights on it kind of shrunk down more (18 x3w leds) on 20 gallon high here's a before and after can someone tell me if it's to soon to jump to conclusions or there is some it's doesn't like all pera meter are right around where they should be.

1451538953907.jpg


1451539012656.jpg
 
Too early...nothing unusual here...mine does this every night and once a month or so it refuses to fully extend for a day or two...

Very nice coral by the way.
 
Some do struggle after shipments and they do have high mortality rate on the initial days, at least noted more for the indo ones.
I would make sure it's in medium flow, and low medium light first. Maybe try to feed it to see if it feeds.
Good luck with it they're very nice corals.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 12 37.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.3%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new