Empourer Angelfish

Kalinina

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! Are you doing the tank transfer method? If so, you don’t need to dose anything for Ich. The transferring of the fish into a sterile environment every 36 hrs if doing tank transfer method for velvet also, or 72 hours for ich will break the lifecycle of the pathogens.

I would post on the fish disease forum, where Jay and other knowledgeable people guide others through quarantine.

He is a beauty! I can’t tell by the picture if the spot is on the glass or on the fish. Is it reddish? When we received our juvenile emperor, he had flukes. I would definitely treat with prazipro or general cure. Follow the directions on the back!

OP
OP
M

mr fishy 3000

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! Are you doing the tank transfer method? If so, you don’t need to dose anything for Ich. The transferring of the fish into a sterile environment every 36 hrs if doing tank transfer method for velvet also, or 72 hours for ich will break the lifecycle of the pathogens.

I would post on the fish disease forum, where Jay and other knowledgeable people guide others through quarantine.

He is a beauty! I can’t tell by the picture if the spot is on the glass or on the fish. Is it reddish? When we received our juvenile emperor, he had flukes. I would definitely treat with prazipro or general cure. Follow the directions on the back!
I was actually planning on treating with general cure just after I cleared the fish of ich. Is it possible to treat at the same time?

Flame2hawk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have owned emperor and other angels for a long time. I would not consider them prone to ich. Certainly i would give that designation to tangs. So if I was performing 30 day QT for an Achilles,as I currently am,powder blue or hippo tang, would use copper power at 2.00 ppm to treat for 30 days. I’m also Qt’ing cross hatch trigger Pr. and for them I’m doing 30 day Hyposalinity at 1.008 SG. For my emperor or any queen, internal parasite treatment is a must and GC is a good approach. So I used Hyposalinity (less stressful then copper) For 30 days and 2 rounds of GC (follow directions). He ate well and was ready to go into the tank fat and happy. So my point is that all species are different and IMO require a different approach. As an example the triggers are a little more sensitive to copper than others so hypo the better option during Qt. If they ever actually got ich, I wouldn’t hesitant to use copper, moving to at least 1.75 ppm over several days. Love the emperor and i have now been able to see him transform to almost his full adult colors. Hope this is helpful.

OP
OP
M

mr fishy 3000

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have owned emperor and other angels for a long time. I would not consider them prone to ich. Certainly i would give that designation to tangs. So if I was performing 30 day QT for an Achilles,as I currently am,powder blue or hippo tang, would use copper power at 2.00 ppm to treat for 30 days. I’m also Qt’ing cross hatch trigger Pr. and for them I’m doing 30 day Hyposalinity at 1.008 SG. For my emperor or any queen, internal parasite treatment is a must and GC is a good approach. So I used Hyposalinity (less stressful then copper) For 30 days and 2 rounds of GC (follow directions). He ate well and was ready to go into the tank fat and happy. So my point is that all species are different and IMO require a different approach. As an example the triggers are a little more sensitive to copper than others so hypo the better option during Qt. If they ever actually got ich, I wouldn’t hesitant to use copper, moving to at least 1.75 ppm over several days. Love the emperor and i have now been able to see him transform to almost his full adult colors. Hope this is helpful.
This is very helpful mine is about 2 inch’s and he definitely has ich because as soon as I saw his back fin closing I could see the spots. I am currently treating with Rid Ich I have copper but I don’t have an accurate way to measure it. I do have a bluespine unicorn tang as well in qt with him that I received in the shipment as well. Currently my plan of attack is to treat with rid ich every 12 hours doing a minimum of a 25% water change every 12 hours vacuuming the floor. All I have seen right now is 2 spots on angel and none of tang. I will keep this updates.

OP
OP
M

mr fishy 3000

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would you raise the temperature?

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back