epidemos82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my WaterBox Marine 60.2 that I recently setup in August 2022. I have it absolutely maxed out with gear - it just happened - pieces just kept being added on! But somehow I got (most) of it under the sump. The UV sterilizer was the most recent addition to deal with a dino issue. With all the other gear, there was no way this was going to fit under the cabinet. I honestly don't like having any plumbing outside of the sump but oh well! My favorite things on this tank is the kalk reactor, which I placed in the ATO reservoir of the sump. I use a BRS Slim jug (1 gallon) for the Kalk top off. The dosing is controlled by the APEX EB4. Any additional water needed comes from the ATO reservoir which still holds at least 2 gal of water. The Apex monitors the pH and can shut off the doser if needed. In addition, I have the EB4 controller my heater as well as the Plank autofeeder, which dispenses into my sump by the return pump. Because of low nutrients, I haven't been really running the protein skimmer. So for now it just sits there and looks very pretty. Another side note is that I don't have the Vectra S2 connected to Morbius app... it was just to finicky. So I am running it manually and it is more stable. I recently got a PAR Meter to test the lights and have since been running the Radion at 80% on the AB+ schedule. I probably will up this to a target of 90% to hit the PAR needed for SPS. Last, the APC battery backup is connected to everything. This is just to prevent short losses of power from the tank. For extended periods of time, the EcoTech backup runs the powerhead to keep circulation going. I think that's it! I am just hoping for some stability and to get to the point where I can grow and maintain SPS corals. Happy to answer any questions!

Build
WaterBox Marine 60.2 (older model) with filter socks replaced with floss
EcoTech Radion XR15 G5 Pro
EcoTech MPq10 powerhead
EcoTech Vectra S2 Return pump
EcoTech Battery Backup
APC UPS 1500A Battery Backup
Reef Octopus Octo Elite 150-INT Protein Skimmer (currently turned off)
Apex Jr Controller
Apex EB4 Energy Bar
Apex display screen
Avast Marine K1 Kalk Stirrer with dosing pump
Avast Marine Plank Automatic Feeder
Aqua Ultraviolet 15 Watt Classic UV Sterilizer (not pictured)
Duetto Dual-Sensor Complete Aquarium ATO System
20 lbs live sand
30 lbs cured purple rock

Current fish:
Midas blenny
Pair of Darwin Clowns
Pair of Purple Fire Fish
Melanarus Wrass

IMG_7105.JPG IMG_7277.JPG IMG_7775 3.JPG IMG_7777 3.JPG IMG_7911.JPG IMG_8998.JPG

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back