Euphyllia Help

Heres_doe_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so all other LPS is doing great. When my tank was dirtier(higher nutrients) my euphyllia did amazing. It's mostly my torch i care about my hammer would be great if we can find the problem. My frogspawn is doing great right next to the hammer but the hammer isn't.
PXL_20210817_225956866.jpg
Screenshot_20210928-120338.png
PXL_20210929_225414525.jpg
PXL_20210929_225527217.jpg
PXL_20210929_225549364.jpg
PXL_20210929_225604176.jpg
I've brought my nutrients down over month with few more water changes to go to get them down to where i want them. I think this might be a flow issue but obviously not sure because i would be on here lol.

Shirak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing has changed other than you have done some water changes to bring nutrients down? Down from what and how fast did they come down? 15ish ppm NO3 and .2 PO4 should be high enough for the corals (some may argue too high on the PO4) but maybe it dropped too fast?

Have you changed your feeding as well?

NM I see you said it was over a month of water changes. How much water did you change and what were the parameters prior?

OP
OP
Heres_doe_

Heres_doe_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went from .92 on July 4th to .23 September 25th lots of weekly water changes. I don't know what my nitrates are rn only because i can't find hr nitrate reagent for Hanna checker since August 2nd. I do about 25% water changes weekly and feed alot less that's only to bring my parameters down. I feed every other day. Still feeding the same things. Just not spot feeding no more. Only thing I've gotten new is a mp10. Everything else looks better except my 2 outta 3 euphyllia. It's not dying been looking like this for weeks. No receding. They eat. They poop. They close up every night they act the same They just aren't fully extended.

Shirak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think it's a flow issue.. not with a torch. They can take quite a bit of flow provided it's not constant from the same direction. Looks kind of pale in the second picture vs the first one. My thought is a lack of nutrients. Perhaps your nitrates have bottomed out if you brought your phosphate down so much and your nitrates were only 15 back on Aug 2nd? I would at least try going back to target feeding the torch and hammer a few times a week with lps pellets and/or chopped mysis. You may need to drop the circulation during feeding too with the new MP10.

OP
OP
Heres_doe_

Heres_doe_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think it's a flow issue.. not with a torch. They can take quite a bit of flow provided it's not constant from the same direction. Looks kind of pale in the second picture vs the first one. My thought is a lack of nutrients. Perhaps your nitrates have bottomed out if you brought your phosphate down so much and your nitrates were only 15 back on Aug 2nd? I would at least try going back to target feeding the torch and hammer a few times a week with lps pellets and/or chopped mysis. You may need to drop the circulation during feeding too with the new MP10.
I do bring my flow to the lowest setting when feeding. You might be right nitrates probably bottomed out by now or very low. Who knows. Im trying to find hr nitrate reagent lol. Besides that everything else is good. I get different flow from both sides mp10 and return pump. I just started spot feeding ab+ soaked food again to see if it makes a difference.

Back