OP
Ori

Ori

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's my new fish! It's a tailspot blenny!

DSC_0206.jpg
DSC_0219.jpg

ScottandAlisa

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a tail spot blenny a few days ago too! Already showing personality, likes to perch on his rock and watch me anytime I get close to the tank. Hope you enjoy yours as much as Im enjoying mine! :)

OP
OP
Ori

Ori

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
E57A255B-6B89-4B07-A588-CE5D431819A7.jpeg
The tailspot has settled in pretty good. I haven’t gotten him to take pellets yet,but he eats the algae so I’m not too worried about him getting enough to eat. I’m having a bit of an algae issue :confused:. Got a couple snails to help with it.. will the algae go away on its own or should I do something to get rid of it?

Now for the new additions! A yellow watchman goby and a tiger pistol shrimp :). I haven’t seen the shrimp since I put it in, but it has dug many holes. The goby I see every once in a while, but I don’t think they’ve paired yet because I haven’t seen the shrimp.

I also added my first corals!! A mushroom and a zoa frag. They seem to have settled in pretty good. The zoa looks really cool under the blue light but my camera wouldn’t focus with it.

OP
OP
Ori

Ori

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: the goby and shrimp have found each other! They’re super cute, the goby sits and watches while the shrimp works hard shoveling sand out of their burrow.

OP
OP
Ori

Ori

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aaaa its been so long since I’ve posted here! My tank is doing fine other than the fact that it is very covered in algae o_O.

As for the fish, my blenny has become much more comfortable and is almost always out, but he still spits out pellets. The goby is a little less scared of me everyday. Both the shrimp are doing great to, the cleaner is a real crowd pleaser haha. When ever we have guests over he’s always a favourite. I added a emerald crab like... a week ago maybe? And I haven’t seen him in 4 or 5 days :confused:. Hope he’s ok.

The corals are doing just fine. I glued the zoa and coral glue is one of my new least favourite things. That was way harder than it should have been lol. Today I bought a beautiful rock covered in zoas!! It’s so gorgeous, and I got it for a really good price :). My tanks an algae mess right now so no pics yet, but I’ll try to get some tomorrow when I clean it!

Joshua2598

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool tank. I saw a youtuber had birds nest in his evo 12 with stock lighting! Ofcourse he had to upgrade flow and a but still these lights are awesome. I'm able to grow frog spawn in mine

Robert McCreary

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
awesome i got the same tank! i've owned mine for about a year! i love your rock work and if i didnt already have 2 clownfish i would have gone with the tailspot blenny as well or a yasha goby and some other fish to help fight off pests like a sixline or something. awesome mushroom and zoas btw :)

OP
OP
Ori

Ori

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Joshua2598- woah really? That’s awesome!! I’ve been playing it safe with softies so far but eventually I want to get a torch or a hammer :D.

Robert McCreary- Aww, thank you! I almost got clownfish but decided to get the tailspot and goby instead. Yasha gobies are so beautiful! I see why you would have got one :)

Joshua2598

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Joshua2598- woah really? That’s awesome!! I’ve been playing it safe with softies so far but eventually I want to get a torch or a hammer :D.

Robert McCreary- Aww, thank you! I almost got clownfish but decided to get the tailspot and goby instead. Yasha gobies are so beautiful! I see why you would have got one :)
The tank is super cool. Go for the hammer or torch or any euphyillia. They do fine
20180903_201319.jpeg

OP
OP
Ori

Ori

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
C9C16BD5-7163-454E-9930-787693AA4180.jpeg
683D1EF0-B3F5-4A4B-91EB-5A08B01B9970.jpeg
Got a picture of the new zoas! My cleaner shrimp’s new favourite pastime is angering the zoas by poking them, so that’s why a lot of them are closed haha.

Joshua2598

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Super pretty zoas. See a lil bit of algae down there though. Beef up the clean up crew haha

OP
OP
Ori

Ori

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got some more coral! A nice Rasta colony with 20 heads or so and a 4 head golden hammer :D.On another note my cleaner shrimp has retired from cleaning to become a Professional Zoa Poker™️. Also I got a cool little striped brittle star hitch hiker on the zoas!! It’s nice to have a star fish again haha, I like them a lot.

My tank looks so nasty right now ;Yuck. Really can’t wait for the uglies to end. But I have good news, the emerald crab is alive!! As soon as he saw me he disappeared into the rock work. No wonder I thought he was dead.

Algaewarrior

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is your light schedule? I would suggest more CUC. Snails and/or hermits.it also looks like you have a bunch of substrate. Maybe the pump is making dunes but I would take a little out every waterchange until you have an inch or two. Great start though. I like all of your choices so far.

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 13 22.0%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 12 20.3%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 6 10.2%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 24 40.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back