Exact iDip Digital Water Testing

eXact iDip®

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not used it in over 12 months I had took a break from the hobby.
The cal test that I’m talking about is calcium ,fresh CA. This the one we where told to buy when you guys came out with the kit. So you are saying this is also no longer good ? And I need the CAH Calcium Test correct ?
So my question is are you guys say that I have to buy the CAH CAL IF so why ?
Why the customers that where told to buy the first did not just get an automatic upgrade since we bought the one that’s no longer good ?
The CAH is the test you need. As I stated before we upgraded the chemistry behind the Calcium testing. Most of our customers did receive automatic upgrades when the change was made by contacting us or visiting our website. I am sorry that you were unaware of the change. If you contact me at [email protected] with your address I will send you the necessary things.

Greenstreet.1

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The CAH is the test you need. As I stated before we upgraded the chemistry behind the Calcium testing. Most of our customers did receive automatic upgrades when the change was made by contacting us or visiting our website. I am sorry that you were unaware of the change. If you contact me at [email protected] with your address I will send you the necessary things.

Okay thank you. Email is sent.

setch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I found this thread back in August 2017 and being new to keeping marine fish, the prospect of being able to get precise chemistry readings electronically rather than trying to figure out which number to pick based upon a colour got me really excited. I read this thread several times and came to the conclusion that it was probably worth buying the Exact iDip. I am in the UK and my setup so far to date has cost a shed load of money, so having to spend just under £300 on this test kit was no big deal, I originally had an issue with the Calc test that was somewhat random in the result that were returned, but having exchanged an email with Noah from Sensafe in the US, I was sent a new batch of strips for testing CA and this resolved the problem.

I have been running tests using Salifert, Redsea and the iDip and the results seem to be pretty much the same if I use the iDip result to give me a clue as to where the Salifert and Redsea colours are sitting. Below are my results for today on my still cycling tank.

iDip Salifert Redsea Seneye
Ammonia 0.006 0.01 0.01 0.007
Nitrite 0.98 1 1
Nitrate 39 30-35 30-35
Ca 437 440 430
Al dKh 8.12 8.3 8.4
Po4 0 0 0
PH 8.3 8.2 8.4 8.3

I would be interested to hear how other folk are getting on with their iDips

Setch

Greenstreet.1

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is good to hear did you try the mag test with the iDip ? I had it for a few years now got it when they first released it and was working out the issues with it. Pulled it out the other day for my restart into the hobby waiting on iDip now they are suppose to be sending me some new test so will see how that works out.
Happy to see that things are looking up as it is a test kit idea that I liked from day one.

takayan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had a problem on the battery life of iDip. I need to replace my batteries on iDip every 3 weeks. It used to be more than that. It looks my iDip does not turn off automatically. Is there any way to turn off iDip manually?

Greenstreet.1

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had a problem on the battery life of iDip. I need to replace my batteries on iDip every 3 weeks. It used to be more than that. It looks my iDip does not turn off automatically. Is there any way to turn off iDip manually?

You can turn it off from the app when you hit disconnect

setch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is good to hear did you try the mag test with the iDip ? I had it for a few years now got it when they first released it and was working out the issues with it. Pulled it out the other day for my restart into the hobby waiting on iDip now they are suppose to be sending me some new test so will see how that works out.
Happy to see that things are looking up as it is a test kit idea that I liked from day one.
I have not tried the Mag yet, mainly due to the fact that I do not have a Mag test from any other vendor to compare it with. I will try and get a Salifert Mag kit and do a comparison and let you know how it pans out.

eXact iDip®

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tap the serial number under the connection status on the bluetooth test screen after you have completed testing and you will see the iDip turn off.

Greenstreet.1

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@exact iDip thank you for the package I received it today. I see that it comes with liquid now so where would I go to get the new instructions to run the test. Also do we still use the calcium, fresh CA app to read the cal test ?

eXact iDip®

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@exact iDip thank you for the package I received it today. I see that it comes with liquid now so where would I go to get the new instructions to run the test. Also do we still use the calcium, fresh CA app to read the cal test ?
The instructions for every test can be found in the instructions tab by clicking the three bar menu icon in the top left hand corner of the app. The instructions for calcium will be Calcium UH Marine CAH.

Greenstreet.1

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok just wanted to make sure nothing else changed. I just will have to buy the cal app cause that is not the one I was using before.
? I need the alk Test to get a mag reading and also did you guys fix the no3.

Would like to know so I can make one order when I order

eXact iDip®

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok just wanted to make sure nothing else changed. I just will have to buy the cal app cause that is not the one I was using before.
? I need the alk Test to get a mag reading and also did you guys fix the no3.

Would like to know so I can make one order when I order
You need to complete the total hardness and calcium tests to get a magnesium result. What do you mean by fix NO3? It’s range is still 3-100ppm.

eXact iDip®

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I buy additional parameters via the app, do I need to buy specific reagents for those additional parameters too?
Yes you will have to buy additional reagents. You have the hardware in the iDip itself. The software side is additional tests in the app. Finally you have the consumables in the reagents to perform the test.

eXact iDip®

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where do I buy the magnesium reagent? I don't see it on their website even. That's probably the only other commonly-used tes after the ones included right? For a reef tank?
When you preform your calcium and total hardness tests and click results the APP will automatically calculate your magnesium results. I recommend all users and interested reefers to watch this video.

eXact iDip®

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh! See I thought you meant that I would need to buy a reagent for magnesium too, but really I only have to buy it in the app, right?
You would just have to purchase calcium and total hardness. I would suggest the 570 Marine bundle which includes Alkalinity, Ammonia, Calcium, Total Hardness, Magnesium, Nitrate, and Phosphate. Right now its $0.99 for all those tests one time purchase.

Greenstreet.1

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feel free to email me directly at [email protected] or call 803-329-9712 ext 214.

We spoke many times before. I keep trying cause I like the idea of the unit but had a lot of accuracy problems with it in the past. Now that you solved the mag issue will give it a try again. Wanted to come see you guys at RAP NY but did not make it to you guys.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back