Exact iDip Digital Water Testing

Greenstreet.1

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I tried a few times with CAH and THU and the only reading I’m getting is the same as before HI and with that reading I’m unable to get a mag reading. I know my cal is 420 and alk is 8-8.3

eXact iDip®

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I tried a few times with CAH and THU and the only reading I’m getting is the same as before HI and with that reading I’m unable to get a mag reading. I know my cal is 420 and alk is 8-8.3
1. Which test are you selecting in the menu to test for?
2. Are you using a syringe/how much sample are you using?
The procedure changed a year ago with the new test strips. I recommend going to the three tiered menu in the upper left hand corner. Click the instructions tab. Read the 570 Hardness, Tot UH-II Marine THU instructions.

Greenstreet.1

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The procedure changed a year ago with the new test strips. I recommend going to the three tiered menu in the upper left hand corner. Click the instructions tab. Read the 570 Hardness, Tot UH-II Marine THU instructions.

I did read the instructions.

Greenstreet.1

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I followed the instructions for this one as this is the one that is in the instructions. I don’t see any instructions for Tot UH-ll Marine THU.

570 Hardness, Total High THH

eXact iDip®

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I followed the instructions for this one as this is the one that is in the instructions. I don’t see any instructions for Tot UH-ll Marine THU.

570 Hardness, Total High THH
Image-1 (3).jpg
You might need to update the App. It is the instructions right above 570 Hardness, Total High THH or you can visit
here
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9tvdjbso8...anual_570 Hardness, Tot UH-II Marine.pdf?dl=0

Greenstreet.1

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

eXact iDip®

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One more thing is there a way for me to update the app ? Or will I have to delete it and reinstall it ?
The reason for the syringe is stated in the instructions. If your APP is fully updated the instructions will be exactly like the photo posted above.

Greenstreet.1

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I got it I had to erase the app and reinstall it. But now the bundles that I have paid for already it’s now telling me that I have to purchase them again.

Greenstreet.1

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning,

@exact iDip got some results this morning But how can I convert to readings I can understand ?

3cdb2123b1bd87501bb98c69f718bd62.png

Current readings are:

Cal 415
ALK 8.5
mag 1365

eXact iDip®

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning,

@exact iDip got some results this morning But how can I convert to readings I can understand ?

3cdb2123b1bd87501bb98c69f718bd62.png

Current readings are:

Cal 415
ALK 8.5
mag 1365
Watch this video
It will walk you through how to change your units of measure.
Based on your results and conversions your calcium is 448ppm as Ca and your Magnesium is 1551ppm as Mg+2.

eXact iDip®

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@eXact iDip®
I stoped using my idip about a year ago because of inaccurate readings. By the sound of it you have made improvements; what all do I need to try using it again?
What do the Labels on your reagents say? Such as THU, CAH, etc. We have made changes to some of our reagents. I would suggest the purchase of one of our Marine refill kits which will give you all updated reagents. Are you travelling to MACNA this year?

nosmok

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use my IDip weekly and get accurate and reproducible results. Even brought it over to my friend who is a high end coral seller. Tested his Calcium at 360 and he was surprised but confirmed with his Red Sea test. You have to make sure you select the correct tests and run as instructed. The phone app gives good directions. I had issues with alkalinity being too low but that was solved with their latest Alk strips for reef tanks. Only wish I could export results to a spreadsheet

eXact iDip®

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use my IDip weekly and get accurate and reproducible results. Even brought it over to my friend who is a high end coral seller. Tested his Calcium at 360 and he was surprised but confirmed with his Red Sea test. You have to make sure you select the correct tests and run as instructed. The phone app gives good directions. I had issues with alkalinity being too low but that was solved with their latest Alk strips for reef tanks. Only wish I could export results to a spreadsheet
You can send your results in an excel spreadsheet/csv file. You can do this by going to your saved history, selecting the tests you want in the file and then selecting the email button. Send them to yourself and you have all your tests in an excel spreadsheet.

Gotareeftokeep

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@eXact iDip® i can’t find any video links or reference to the calibration key test and I cannot recall the conversation I had with the sales rep at R-A-Palooza NYC.

Can you point me to the instructions for the calibration test process or a video link pls

Thanks

Matt

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 126 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back