Exact iDip Digital Water Testing

eXact iDip®

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@eXact iDip® i can’t find any video links or reference to the calibration key test and I cannot recall the conversation I had with the sales rep at R-A-Palooza NYC.

Can you point me to the instructions for the calibration test process or a video link pls

Thanks

Matt
If you message me your email address I can send you a PDF of the instructions for the calibration verification key.

Gotareeftokeep

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you message me your email address I can send you a PDF of the instructions for the calibration verification key.

I’ll pm you.

Thanks for the prompt response.

Love the kit to by the way, made my testing regimen much easier.

Matt

Gotareeftokeep

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the 'calibration key test'? What is it for? Have not heard of that.

It’s a test that’s carried out with a plastic key that’s put in the test cell. The plastic test key comes as part of the marine kit.

It’s to allow you to calibrate the test kit to make sure the rest of your results are accurate.

I remember being shown but have forgotten the exact process.

I’ve had the kit for 3-4months now and just want to check/Re-calibrate it.

Greenstreet.1

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s a test that’s carried out with a plastic key that’s put in the test cell. The plastic test key comes as part of the marine kit.

It’s to allow you to calibrate the test kit to make sure the rest of your results are accurate.

I remember being shown but have forgotten the exact process.

I’ve had the kit for 3-4months now and just want to check/Re-calibrate it.

Did not know about this. Why is this not public info ? @exact iDip

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cal test.GIF

On page 20 of the manual. https://sensafe.com/content/486101.pdf

I have the original kit so I don't have one either.:)

Greenstreet.1

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is. They come with all the current kits. If you bought one of the original kits I can send you a key in the mail. Just PM me your address.

I have one of the original kits. Pm coming your way. Love to see the improvements you guys are making. I need to order some new strips and get back into my iDip testing.

Gotareeftokeep

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cal test.GIF

On page 20 of the manual. https://sensafe.com/content/486101.pdf

I have the original kit so I don't have one either.:)

That’s exactly what I was looking for.

I’ve got one of the newer kits that came with the key, strangely enough the hard copy of the instructions doesn’t have this process in.

Thanks for helping out.

Regrards

Matt

lnevo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my calibration key, Thanks.

So my calibration read as 4.96ppm. The instructions specify taking this reading when you first get the iDip. What does that number mean to me now? Is that the expected value? Do I have to monitor this over the lifetime?

eXact iDip®

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my calibration key, Thanks.

So my calibration read as 4.96ppm. The instructions specify taking this reading when you first get the iDip. What does that number mean to me now? Is that the expected value? Do I have to monitor this over the lifetime?
Monitor over lifetime. Every month or so check with the calibration key again. Results should be within 0.15 units of previous test.

lnevo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So normally when I've used my iDip I setup for a full range of testing and at least get alk, cal, hardness, phosphate, and nitrate. Rarely did I skip the nutrients only because of the time, but since everything's out, I might as well...

Anyway, I've been tracking my alk for a few tests and it was steadily dropping like .5 dkh per week. So I mixed up some 2 parts and started off with a +.25 .dkh and then setup the dosing to catch up to my target and while maintaining my usage. Last night, I pulled out the iDip, dipped it in the tank to fill the cell, and grabbed a reagent strip and 30 seconds later I had my alk reading. I don't know if I ever just tried and done that, but it really makes it soo so nice. I had expected a .5dkh increase and the result was spot on to what I had calculated. It was so nice to just use it for the one test rinse it and put it away!

The other night before I setup the dosers, my dkh had dropped to 91ppm after dropping from 116 a month ago. I retested again and got an 86ppm. After my dosing it tested at 105. My final target will be 145. I love all the tests I can do much more reliably these days. It's also nice to get easy and repeatable results. Something I never got with titration tests and with Hanna.

Currently my Phosphates are reading quite high (as expected). I've done 3 tests now and have had from 1.8-2ppm for the 3 tests I performed over the past month. I'll be doing a round of lanthanum chloride soon so we'll see what the idip reads after that.

It's definitely nice to come back into maintaining my tank and having such a great and simple testing device. Pair that with my icecap salinity meter and testing has never been so streamlined.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 145 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back