Expenses

spaceaging

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need help should I buy a 28 gallon nano tank and stand with coral already in it for 450 dollars or just buy my own coral and sand and lights for a probably around 20to 30 gallon regular glass aquarium that I already have

Reefrookie220

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I preach buying used to enjoy the hobby with out breaking the bank, but I've learned through doing so you end up with a lot of other reefers issues/ problems.

If it were me, and this was my attempt to get into the hobby, I'd spend m money on getting a tank going, and in a good maintenance routine before taking care of corals I had no ideas about. My .02.

Salty1962

Wrasse and SPS Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would also stay away from a used tank unless I knew the tank and the maintainer. You'll save yourself many headaches down the road. If you already have a system to start off with then I'd recommend that. Spend the saved $$ on some livestock;)

Reefrookie220

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exactly my thoughts @Salty1962

Why buy a bioxube full of eagle eyes, xenia, gsp, and frogspawn. You could get your tank going and spend some extra dough on fish and coral.

Just be sure which ever route you take, post a build thread in the member tank section for plenty of helpful advice and opinions.

Back