Experience with Neptune system customer support

Bonsai reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just purchased a brand new Apex Jr controller which was delivered yesterday. The controller base won’t connect to the wifi and it always shows solid orange. Tried resetting the device as per the customer support advice but no luck. They told me to pay a full deposit using a link they would send and they would ship a replacement once it’s paid. Once i ship the defective product they would refund the deposit. So far so good.

Now when I received the email, it states they would send me a factory refurbished product as replacement.

Question- when i paid for a new product with full price to purchase the item, why would i be given a replacement which is a refurbished item? That too after a 4 days of the original purchase date and one day after delivery! Totally unused.

This is my first Neptune product and tbh they are not cheap. The device feels like a $10 plastic toy. No manual or warranty card comes with it. Coupled with Worst customer support experience!

Any one has any advice on how to deal with this?

V A R I A N T

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you haven’t sent it back yet, or paid for the RMA, this video covers setup very well. The most important point to connecting to WI-FI is that the Apex supports 2.4ghz only.

OP
OP
Bonsai reef

Bonsai reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes i do have 2.4ghz network. But the problem here is i dont get the blue light/ ready to connect status. It always turns steady orange. Their customer support agreed the device reset is faulty.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I would not accept a refurbished unit. That's just ridiculous on a brand new purchase.
Return/Refund all the way

OP
OP
Bonsai reef

Bonsai reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, Neptune agreed to ship a new product as replacement and said it was a mistake that mentioned about refurbished one. Also, contacted the dealer and they said it has to go to Neptune for replacement as they are not authorized for taking returns on Neptune's behalf.

OP
OP
Bonsai reef

Bonsai reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The ordeal with Neptune system continues. They asked me to pay a deposit amount to send me a replacement which I did on March 23rd. Heard nothing since. Today upon raising a support ticket they are saying they don't have it in stock. But their shopping website still showing the Apex Jr very much in stock and will let you checkout. Worst customer experience so far! Not able to use the product after 2 weeks of purchasing!

#neptuneapex

OP
OP
Bonsai reef

Bonsai reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3 weeks counting and still didn’t get my replacement from Neptune for my defective Apex Jr controller. They keep telling me that its out of stock and its been over 2 weeks with same story after they took additional deposit to ship the replacement. I purchased it from Aquacave and they wont take the return. Its going to be a month i have purchased this and its not working out of the box.

What are my options? Any suggestions?
#neptuneapex #AquaCave

Simon Reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sorry to hear! I feel like a lot not all but a lot of the reefing companies we use lack customer service everything is through email which also doesn’t help

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Also, contacted the dealer and they said it has to go to Neptune for replacement as they are not authorized for taking returns on Neptune's behalf.

I would rethink where you purchase your equipment going forward...

From AquaCave's site

" Each manufacturer has a different policy regarding defective merchandise. In many cases, we will be able to take your defective product and ship out a replacement. However, some manufacturers require that you deal with them directly. In either event, we will work with you to ensure that your defective item(s) is replaced as quickly as possible."

Instead, it would appear they just washed their hands. I too would be ticked if 3 weeks after purchase I'm getting the run around.

OP
OP
Bonsai reef

Bonsai reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear! I feel like a lot not all but a lot of the reefing companies we use lack customer service everything is through email which also doesn’t help
This is my first Neptune product and never expected such bad (if not fraudulent) service from a reputed company as Neptune. I can checkout the same product from their shopping site but they keep telling me they are expecting the shipment since last Thursday which never happened. They have not bother to provide any updates and not replying to my email now.

OP
OP
Bonsai reef

Bonsai reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would rethink where you purchase your equipment going forward...

From AquaCave's site

" Each manufacturer has a different policy regarding defective merchandise. In many cases, we will be able to take your defective product and ship out a replacement. However, some manufacturers require that you deal with them directly. In either event, we will work with you to ensure that your defective item(s) is replaced as quickly as possible."

Instead, it would appear they just washed their hands. I too would be ticked if 3 weeks after purchase I'm getting the run around.
I have purchased 4k worth of equipments from Aquacave. one bad product and now i see why one should stay away from them. Wondering if BRS would have handled this differently.

is credit card dispute an option? Cuz they gave me a defective product which is under warranty, less than a month of original purchase date and I am not getting the replacement.

SpyC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have purchased 4k worth of equipments from Aquacave. one bad product and now i see why one should stay away from them. Wondering if BRS would have handled this differently.

is credit card dispute an option? Cuz they gave me a defective product which is under warranty, less than a month of original purchase date and I am not getting the replacement.
I would dispute if neptune refuses to take the item and provide a full refund. Not a swap, but a return to them and full money back. The services you purchased are not being provided

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Too bad that one has to jump through hoops to get anything done these days...

but glad you dot it resolved in the end. Hopefully smooth sailing going forward.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 141 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back