Expired test kits

  • Thread starter Thread starter donfishy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

donfishy

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 14, 2011
Messages
134
Reaction score
1
Location
TX
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just looked and most of my Salifert test kits are expired. What is the best way to get rid of them? Just throw them out? Are they still a bit useful, but at least give me a range of what the actual numbers in my tank might be?
 
Toss them. The costs of a new test kit is nothing compared to replacement costs of livestock due to a tank crash... Better safe than sorry.
 
I have to agree with the above with 1 exception, after buying the new test kits compare results from new and old, if the old ones hold true use them up but keep cross checking every couple weeks or so.... unless you don't want to put in the extra work then chuck the old ones, I am cheaper than I am lazy ;)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.8%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new