Falco Hawkfish

AquariGod

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone. I'm planning on getting a falco hawk for my 110 long when it's set up as its one of my favorite fish, but there's a few things I'm concerned with.
1. Although they are the least aggressive hawk, people say they tend to eat small fish and crustaceans. If you've owned one, is this true to some extent ? Hermit crabs, or turbo snails or ?
2. Some say they will eat small fish as well. I plan to keep 3-5 green chromis' , and a small goby or two.
Is this ok ?
3. Live aquaria says they are reef safe with caution, but give no clue as to why. Can anyone explain ?

I love this fish, I wouldn't want to miss out on him in my tank.

classklown90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would steer clear. I think the flame hawk is better. I had a Falco that killed a few fish and he wasn't very large

OP
OP
AquariGod

AquariGod

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Crap. I've had one before with 3 green chromis in a 20g and it was a sweetheart.. it concerns me that I just may have gotten lucky, like some do with flame angels in reefs.

OP
OP
AquariGod

AquariGod

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
True, it may just be a territory thing because the one I had was the last added to the tank.

Finnaddict

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO stay away from all hawks except Flame and Longnose. Those are the only 2 I have never had problems with.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 124 43.1%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 137 47.6%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 13 4.5%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 5 1.7%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 9 3.1%
Back