Favia identification

fishkeepersaltnfresh

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 3, 2021
Messages
69
Reaction score
31
Location
Berwyn, PA
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I got the below 2 frags of Favia. Do they have any particular name?

Favia Dark 2021-10-26.jpeg Favia Green 2021-10-26.jpeg
 
left - Simply called green favia and right is green mouth favites
 
Thanks. Another question. Can I keep them close to each other till I figure out their final position. I know that favia are aggressive but can same species co-exist in close proximity?
 
In my experience with favia it depends. Some can physically touch and no issue. Some go to war when anywhere close. I assume it is related to the specific species of favia, but that is a guess.

I dont know of any commonly accepted "hobby name" for either of those. They both appear to be favia(not favites). The biggest clue is the independent wall each polyps have. Almost all favites share a wall with adjacent polyps.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new