Favorite copepods product?

Clo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where do you guys prefer to order your copepods?

I've bought from a R2R seller a few times with great success. I know AlgaeBarn is popular too.
But just wanted to see what options I had since no one local to me is selling :)

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where do you guys prefer to order your copepods?

I've bought from a R2R seller a few times with great success. I know AlgaeBarn is popular too.
But just wanted to see what options I had since no one local to me is selling :)
EBay is the best friend here. I used to had a subscription for once a week it was coming.

cconnolly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Use AlgaeBarn and am happy with them in my BioCube.

I switched to ReefNutrition for my IM Lagoon I started up and they are propagating noticeably better in it. Could be lots of other factors but take it for what’s it worth.

3sgterror

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been ordering from Hollback for over a year.
I'll second Hollback. I have ordered a few times from him with another shipment coming this week. I'm going to use this shipment to start my own culture with his pods.

I'm culturing my own tisbee at the moment so I thought why not, lets culture bigger bods also

HeyLookItsCaps

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PodYourReef is my favorite along with AlgaeBarn, they both communicate with me directly and are very pleasant to work with, not someone behind some computer somewhere

HeyLookItsCaps

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pod Your Reef it's local to me though so I'm maybe biased. It's run by a Dr. that works at the local university.

He’s a great guy in general too, will pick up the phone and talk to you about phyto/pod taxonomy or theory like he’s got all the time in the world. Also 35 dollar par meter rental!

New&no clue

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@hollback has the best bang for your buck. I’ve ordered from algae barn, pod your reef, and others. while they are fine you get more pods per dollar with Hollback. Plus he is very responsive if there is an issue.

Mppp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll second Hollback. I have ordered a few times from him with another shipment coming this week. I'm going to use this shipment to start my own culture with his pods.

I'm culturing my own tisbee at the moment so I thought why not, lets culture bigger bods also
I've wanted to culture myself but something has to give w/ my time and decided that's where my time has it's limit unfortunately. Good luck and if you have time should show a thread on how you did it.

ectoaesthetics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef nutrition-hands down. They breed for the big shots public aquariums and aquaculture. On that side of things they are known as Reed Mariculture (same group).

That being said if anyone is a local to the Monterey area I’d happily just hook them up with tigger pods and show them how to breed them. They are great for feeding tanks but don’t really take off in a tank environment

DopamineKata

Beltalowda
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@hollback has the best bang for your buck. I’ve ordered from algae barn, pod your reef, and others. while they are fine you get more pods per dollar with Hollback. Plus he is very responsive if there is an issue.

I just discovered he's local to me. I guess I know where I'm going to stock up from.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 127 59.3%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 29.0%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 76 35.5%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 36 16.8%
  • Other

Votes: 63 29.4%
Back