Feather Duster Stressed or Fine?

JtheFishMan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently just moved my feather duster to the opposite side of the tank. Prior to this, it was not rooted. Yesterday, during a water change, I noticed that the actual worm was somewhat coming out, not all the way out, but maybe about half an inch or so. From knowledge, I know that if the worm leaves its tube, it means that it is unhappy with its spot, and seeks out a new one. Well, I tried to physically move it, but it had rooted itself to a piece of live rock.

So, is my feather duster fine (because it rooted itself), or is it stressed (because the worm is about a half of an inch out of its tube)? Let me know. These aren't my pictures, but here are some examples of what mine looks like, and how the worm is poking out just slightly.

Feather Duster 1.jpg Feather Duster 2.jpg

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just let it ride and see what happens. If you fiddle with it your worm may really become unhappy. It has rooted so it has the wherewithal to make a permanent home where it is.

OP
OP
JtheFishMan

JtheFishMan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just let it ride and see what happens. If you fiddle with it your worm may really become unhappy. It has rooted so it has the wherewithal to make a permanent home where it is.

Update, the worm came completely out of its shell and is now on the other side of the tank scurrying.

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope for the best! Fingers crossed for your duster and you.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 144 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back