FedEx is the worst

GarrettT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know why companies are still shipping livestock through FedEx rather than UPS? FedEx has proven to be completely unreliable at this point. So far with all my livestock orders, over the past 2 years, Ive calculated a 75% chance that the order will be delayed a day. Dry goods I get, but when it comes to livestock, we really need to take better care of our animals. UPS is much more reliable. It’s been proven time and time again. Is UPS more expensive for the shipper or something? If so, by how much? Sorry I just have to vent, but this is getting ridiculous!

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Anyone know why companies are still shipping livestock through FedEx rather than UPS? FedEx has proven to be completely unreliable at this point. So far with all my livestock orders, over the past 2 years, Ive calculated a 75% chance that the order will be delayed a day. Dry goods I get, but when it comes to livestock, we really need to take better care of our animals. UPS is much more reliable. It’s been proven time and time again. Is UPS more expensive for the shipper or something? If so, by how much? Sorry I just have to vent, but this is getting ridiculous!
Totally agree with your assessment. UPS hasn’t been perfect, but definitely more reliable. I haven’t seen much price difference, so it’s probably convenience (FedEx locations) and being in old habit (too much work to switch). That said, a number of places I’ve used recently are using UPS.

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed.
They also always tell me: "on time, arriving by 12pm" then inevitably go to: "on time, arriving by 8pm" and so on. Seemingly hoping that I don't notice.

OP
OP
GarrettT

GarrettT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive reached my limit at this point. Enough is enough. I now will not be ordering any livestock from any company that uses FedEx. I feel like it would just be irresponsible not too. DOA probability is just too high and for the sake of the fish and excluded shipping reimbursement, it’s just not worth it anymore.

Unfortunately, this is going to eliminate many companies from my list.

Hud

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it depends on where you live because for me UPS sucks they are always late and I have had many things die because my package was delayed. I have never had any issues with FedEx they are always on time. But then if I ask a friend that lives somewhere else they say that UPS is great and FedEx sucks.

Benjamin28

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it depends on where you live because for me UPS sucks they are always late and I have had many things die because my package was delayed. I have never had any issues with FedEx they are always on time. But then if I ask a friend that lives somewhere else they say that UPS is great and FedEx sucks.
My experience is fedex is always on time or early specifically with overnighting live stock.

wil-yuhm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Often issues arise using Fedex because Fedex utilizes USPS for final drop off. I track packages making way long distances from coast to near coast and then sit at the USPS office/distribution center for more days than the package took to travel and arrive at the post office. Once a package hits USPS the tracking information seldom becomes reliable. In addition USPS often marks off packages as delivered when the packages are not delivered. If I were to speculate why perhaps USPS marks packages off as delivered to avoid penalty by the shipper?

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For my shipments I have received lately it seems like FedEx is using their regional hubs more and not every next day package is going thru Memphis. The one arriving today went to Fort Worth.

Mogwai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just be glad it isn't Lasership. That company is a piece of work!

LeftyReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Often issues arise using Fedex because Fedex utilizes USPS for final drop off. I track packages making way long distances from coast to near coast and then sit at the USPS office/distribution center for more days than the package took to travel and arrive at the post office. Once a package hits USPS the tracking information seldom becomes reliable. In addition USPS often marks off packages as delivered when the packages are not delivered. If I were to speculate why perhaps USPS marks packages off as delivered to avoid penalty by the shipper?
if that is the case, then I'd always do "hold for pickup" and get the package yourself much earlier and with less stress on the livestock.

I have switched having any livestock delivered. I now have every livestock shipped to the hub and marked "hold for pickup". doesn't matter if it's UPS or FED-EX, I do the hold for pickup every time now. I have not had a single issue with either one since going exclusively to hold for pickup method.

OP
OP
GarrettT

GarrettT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if that is the case, then I'd always do "hold for pickup" and get the package yourself much earlier and with less stress on the livestock.

I have switched having any livestock delivered. I now have every livestock shipped to the hub and marked "hold for pickup". doesn't matter if it's UPS or FED-EX, I do the hold for pickup every time now. I have not had a single issue with either one since going exclusively to hold for pickup method.
The problem is that the delay is ALWAYS at a hub in Memphis, especially it the shipment is coming from Florida.

OP
OP
GarrettT

GarrettT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Companies absolutely need to start giving the buyer options to choose from. Some companies already do this. If location is the issue, then this would certainly be best left for the buyer to decide, as they know which is more reliable for there area. I would happily pay extra for the switch.

Mogwai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The problem is that the delay is ALWAYS at a hub in Memphis, especially it the shipment is coming from Florida.
That or the person delivering the pkg is too lazy to ring the doorbell and they claim no one was home. Happened to me and thankfully I received that notification early and ran outside to get my livestock.

Jaybeastin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I assume my package is late every time I get a FedEx shipment. I’ll get really shock if it is on time. I’ve order thousand and thousand of packages and 90% of the time Fedex is late !!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 102 86.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back