Feeding question

Sexytang

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a tank with several tangs and a cow fish do I need to feed daily I add a little nori and feed a cube of frozen daily should I slow that down or keep on with what I’m doing

ichthyogeek

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's your main goal when it comes to feeding? Getting the fish fatter? Managing nutrients for corals? What type of frozen are you feeding?

If the fish are very fat and a bit too on the chubby side, you could slow it down. On the opposite side, if you have very skinny fish (pay attention to the boxfish), then you should ramp up your feedings.

How much nori is "a little"? And how many tangs do you have? Contrary to what some youtubers say, cowfish do need meat in their diet and cannot just subsist off of nori.

OP
OP
Sexytang

Sexytang

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 4 tangs and I feed a good little 4-4” nori and feed frozen mysis cubes. I just drop a cube down in there and let them tear into it. The fish arnt to fat not really puffy. And if like to have good coral and etc to but fish are main thing

ichthyogeek

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 4 tangs and I feed a good little 4-4” nori and feed frozen mysis cubes. I just drop a cube down in there and let them tear into it. The fish arnt to fat not really puffy. And if like to have good coral and etc to but fish are main thing
I'm a big fan of just feeding heavily in general. Feed a lot. Add nori in the morning, and if they're done with it by the time you get back, replace it with more, etc.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back