Feeding question

BRS

Sexytang

View Badges
Reaction score
I have a tank with several tangs and a cow fish do I need to feed daily I add a little nori and feed a cube of frozen daily should I slow that down or keep on with what I’m doing

Top Shelf Aquatics

ichthyogeek

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
What's your main goal when it comes to feeding? Getting the fish fatter? Managing nutrients for corals? What type of frozen are you feeding?

If the fish are very fat and a bit too on the chubby side, you could slow it down. On the opposite side, if you have very skinny fish (pay attention to the boxfish), then you should ramp up your feedings.

How much nori is "a little"? And how many tangs do you have? Contrary to what some youtubers say, cowfish do need meat in their diet and cannot just subsist off of nori.

OP
Sexytang

Sexytang

View Badges
Reaction score
I have 4 tangs and I feed a good little 4-4” nori and feed frozen mysis cubes. I just drop a cube down in there and let them tear into it. The fish arnt to fat not really puffy. And if like to have good coral and etc to but fish are main thing

ichthyogeek

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I have 4 tangs and I feed a good little 4-4” nori and feed frozen mysis cubes. I just drop a cube down in there and let them tear into it. The fish arnt to fat not really puffy. And if like to have good coral and etc to but fish are main thing
I'm a big fan of just feeding heavily in general. Feed a lot. Add nori in the morning, and if they're done with it by the time you get back, replace it with more, etc.

BRS

Are you currently running a reactor and media on your reef tank?

• Yes (please tell us what in the thread)

Votes: 162 38.1%
  • NO but I run media from time to time

Votes: 134 31.5%
  • NO I don't use filter media

Votes: 119 28.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 10 2.4%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors
Waterbox Aquariums: The Finest Aquariums