Feeling cheap!

JAMreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been wanting an elegance coral for a while now... Tidal Gardens always has a few and they finally have a teal one I want. I keep putting it my cart to buy but I just can’t bring myself to pay the $40.00 for shipping!

Anyone else have this dilemma?? I feel so cheap.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Incentive to buy 2-3 more pieces than its $10 extra per piece when you divide shipping

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the trap though, right? One piece seems too expensive, but once you buy one, you get better value if you buy more.

OP
OP
JAMreef

JAMreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Incentive to buy 2-3 more pieces than its $10 extra per piece when you divide shipping
This is true. I guess I need to save up $300 so I get more bang for my buck. I probably spent hundreds on shipping at this point on a fish her and coral there...

Fishko

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same here, i want to buy a clam from pacific aquaculture, im fine with paying 80-90, just dont want to pay for shipping. I would buy 3 clams to get free ship but my tank is too filled to have 3 clams :)

ZAB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes I will use PayPal...when I can get 6 months to pay off..have to be sure to keep on top of payments. Or the interest is really high.

MightyMO

"The Algae made me do it!!!"
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been wanting an elegance coral for a while now... Tidal Gardens always has a few and they finally have a teal one I want. I keep putting it my cart to buy but I just can’t bring myself to pay the $40.00 for shipping!

Anyone else have this dilemma?? I feel so cheap.
So, just buy more corals till you score the free shipping...

OP
OP
JAMreef

JAMreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes I will use PayPal...when I can get 6 months to pay off..have to be sure to keep on top of payments. Or the interest is really high.
That’s not a bad idea actually. I usually just put aside $$ after each pay day and then treat myself. I wish I could find everything I wanted on the same website! I usually find 2 corals I like on one website then 1 I really want on another.

ZAB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I find myself in the same dalma many times..usually wait till some holiday and look for sale...hunting for corals can be half the fun.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I definitely get you. I understand why shipping cost is what it is, but I hate spending that much on one piece. That's why I typically buy corals in packs.

PTXReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

That is definitely the way I justify paying for shipping haha :p . Local is the way to go but there are so many pretty pieces from other places that makes this so difficult.

Waynerock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well there are several places that do 25.00 shipping but you pay more for the coral usually. If it is what you have really wanted the. 40.00 is a drop if it arrives safely and is healthy. Plus you are supporting a great coral farm that gives back to the reefing community with awesome educational videos. Do it and get over the shipping you might not find another thats exactly like you want. There are many places that charge more than 40 too.

footgal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just do what I do.... gather some reefing buddies close to you, each of you pick out a coral you like, and ship it all to 1 person’s house. If you don’t get free shipping from the order alone then split the shipping cost between y’all (so if 5 people order and shipping is $50 each person pays $10 to ship) then each person pays for their coral and goes home (so person A would pay $40 for their elegance, person B would pay $10 for their Duncan, and including shipping person A pays $50 total and person B pays $20) very happy with this setup because more often than not, we all get free shipping and some nice corals! Also, some places have ‘freebie nuggets’ if you order a certain amount of corals/spend X amount of money. We usually draw straws for them or someone volunteers to take it or we all vote to let the person who’s house everything was shipped to keep it. Basically whoever wants it the most then anybody else has dibs on frags when it’s ready. Very nice setup and makes coral more affordable.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back