Fiddler crab ID

  • Thread starter Thread starter Toadfish
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Toadfish

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 23, 2015
Messages
49
Reaction score
23
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I know this is a fiddler crab species,I know their life cycle, behaviors, and requirements. I'm just really curious to see if anyone can get a species ID since there are dozens of uca sp. It was sold to us as a "red crab". Red back, black face, black legs with red knees.

Sorry for the image quality, phone pictures are terrible.

1458398412278.jpg


1458398450302.jpg
 
I'm new to this saltwater gig. But I want whatever kind it is. Lol
 
You probably don't actually. They aren't reef natives at all. They live on mud flats and are only semi aquatic. They need to be able to exit the water occasionally. Beautiful creatures, but they do have their own requirements. They shouldn't eat corals or anything, but I don't think personally that should be the only consideration.
 
It's a really pretty thing to be sure. Wish I knew species. More and more over time I want to try a brackish tank.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 23 29.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new