Filter and wave maker recommendations for a 20 gallon long

HauntedFish

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 19, 2024
Messages
12
Reaction score
19
Location
Long Island
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, sorry if this has been posted already, I’m really new to this website and the hobby in general. I’m building a coral-only tank without fish.

I currently only have Duncans, and they seem to be happy with the lighting and temperature. I’m using a SMATFARM 95 watt light. However, I don’t think the current is strong enough with my wave maker. Are there any recommendations for a stronger one?

Also, what would be a good filter for my tank size? I’m currently using a MarineLand Penguin Pro, but I think it’s too strong and noisy. Would a protein skimmer work better?

Thank you
 
What do you have currently as a wavemaker? A HOB filter (fluval aquaclear) will supply some water movement. A little controllable wavemaker may help.
1000011748.jpg

I don't think a skimmer would be the best option as there isn't any waste to skim off.
How are you providing nutrients to the coral with no fish?
 
What do you have currently as a wavemaker? A HOB filter (fluval aquaclear) will supply some water movement. A little controllable wavemaker may help.
1000011748.jpg

I don't think a skimmer would be the best option as there isn't any waste to skim off.
How are you providing nutrients to the coral with no fish?
Hi, I usually give them reefroids and they seem happy with it. I’m hesitant to get fish because I don’t want algae break outs, but I’m reconsidering it and was thinking of getting a clownfish pair. Thank you for the recommendation! I’ve been looking for a good controllable wave maker
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new