Filter set up for 32 gallon bio cube

bigmoneyaj94

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, new here to the form! I have a 32 gallon bio cube and I was wanting to upgrade the filter set up, right now I just use the basic stock filter pads that come with the tank, was wondering what else I could add on to complete the filter set up? I seen a protein skimmer is beneficial, I found one called a aquatic life for a 30 gallon I thought about getting? What do you guys recommend, thanks for the knowledge!

Specific Ocean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!

Did it come with the standard media rack? If so, ditch it and get a different media rack. One that's slimmer. Purchase some marineland ceramic rings for added biological filtration.

With the freed up space, you can add a protein skimmer, UV sterilizer or an in tank refugium and so forth.

ChrisKSB

King of GHA Farmers
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! I use the InTank media baskets in the BioCube. filter pad on top, and Purigen and ChemiPure Elite in the other levels. I killed my Chaeto, haven't tried it again! There are some options for protien skimmers, Coralife has a newer designed one that seems OK and fits in first section in back. There are other skimmers that may require some modifications. Good luck and show us some pics and some progress info!

moorjames

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree with the intank rack. I use their filter floss along with 100 micro pad on top- and chempur and matrix for the other. I also have the fuge but nobody has chaeto atm near me

PacoPetty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Intank baskets with filter floss, Chemi pure blue, and Marine Pure blocks. I tried Chaeto several times and it always died and messed up my tank so I gave up.

MySonWantedAHamster

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! I use the InTank media baskets in the BioCube. filter pad on top, and Purigen and ChemiPure Elite in the other levels. I killed my Chaeto, haven't tried it again! There are some options for protien skimmers, Coralife has a newer designed one that seems OK and fits in first section in back. There are other skimmers that may require some modifications. Good luck and show us some pics and some progress info!
The InTank basekts are definitely a nice to have. I started with this same setup (InTank baskets, Filter Floss, Purigen, ChemiPure Elite), but was having a hard time keeping Nitrates and Phosphates above 0. I eventually changed the ChemiPure Elite to regular ChemiPure which I think helped get them on the plus side of 0. I've considered trying chaeto one more time... (3rd times a charm, right?)

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 106 86.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back