Final Fish Recommendation? 45g Cube

Reefer37

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 30, 2019
Messages
364
Reaction score
157
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have over a year old 45g cube with two ocellaris clowns, a bicolor blenny, and a small yellow coris wrasse. Have been debating adding another fish.

I was thinking something really unique and not seen in tanks often. A centerpiece fish would be nice, but I know I'm limited on size. I'm not really wanting a sandsifter or burrowing goby, been there and good on corals being moved or buried.

Any thoughts or recommendations?
 
Dont know much about them but they look cool
Sailfin blenny
Sailfin blenny.png
 
Dont know much about them but they look cool
Sailfin blenny
Sailfin blenny.png
Very cool fish! Looked a little into them just now, but not much out there on a quick search. Similar to a barnacle blenny. Maybe a little too small for what I'm wanting since it only gets 2" and also curious if it requires cooler temp since it's from the Caribbean.
 
I have a similar size tank and have not finished stocking so i am excited to see some suggestions. I know you already have a wrasse but many of the Flasher wrasse are beautiful, stay fairly small though.
 
I have a similar size tank and have not finished stocking so i am excited to see some suggestions. I know you already have a wrasse but many of the Flasher wrasse are beautiful, stay fairly small though.
Ya know, I love wrasses, probably some of my favorite fish. I just wasn't sure of aggression issues with the tank size and all with there being a wrasse already in there. I don't know if they're particular to their own genus or what.
 
I would add two Flasher wrasses. Make sure you have a tight cover.
McCoskeri2018051801resized.jpg
P attenuatus2020070401.jpg
YellowfinFlasher2018071602.jpg
 
I would add two Flasher wrasses. Make sure you have a tight cover.
McCoskeri2018051801resized.jpg
P attenuatus2020070401.jpg
YellowfinFlasher2018071602.jpg
Gorgeous wrasses! Any particular reason why two vs one? Also, would they be okay with the yellow coris in a tank this size?
 
If you have two males, they will display against each other a lot more often and give you a great show of colors. Flasher wrasses are docile and will not engage in fighting as long as they are of different species.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new