Final Fish Recommendation? 45g Cube

Reefer37

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have over a year old 45g cube with two ocellaris clowns, a bicolor blenny, and a small yellow coris wrasse. Have been debating adding another fish.

I was thinking something really unique and not seen in tanks often. A centerpiece fish would be nice, but I know I'm limited on size. I'm not really wanting a sandsifter or burrowing goby, been there and good on corals being moved or buried.

Any thoughts or recommendations?

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dont know much about them but they look cool
Sailfin blenny
Sailfin blenny.png

OP
OP
Reefer37

Reefer37

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dont know much about them but they look cool
Sailfin blenny
Sailfin blenny.png
Very cool fish! Looked a little into them just now, but not much out there on a quick search. Similar to a barnacle blenny. Maybe a little too small for what I'm wanting since it only gets 2" and also curious if it requires cooler temp since it's from the Caribbean.

ReefSapper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a similar size tank and have not finished stocking so i am excited to see some suggestions. I know you already have a wrasse but many of the Flasher wrasse are beautiful, stay fairly small though.

OP
OP
Reefer37

Reefer37

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a similar size tank and have not finished stocking so i am excited to see some suggestions. I know you already have a wrasse but many of the Flasher wrasse are beautiful, stay fairly small though.
Ya know, I love wrasses, probably some of my favorite fish. I just wasn't sure of aggression issues with the tank size and all with there being a wrasse already in there. I don't know if they're particular to their own genus or what.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have two males, they will display against each other a lot more often and give you a great show of colors. Flasher wrasses are docile and will not engage in fighting as long as they are of different species.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back