OP
Juan4265

Juan4265

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pest control is dealt with as the Yellow “Coris” is actually Halichoeres chrysus. Also I wouldn’t recommend a Sixline to anyone wanting fairy wrasses as that’s just a call for murder.
The rest are all great recommendations though.

Cirrhilabrus aquamarinus can be slightly more aggressive than other wrasses so maybe change that for something more peaceful such as Cirrhilabrus naokoae or Cirrhilabrus lubbocki (Indonesian variants of C. lubbocki hold the most blue compared to the Cebu variant).
Here’s a couple photos of my guys that I’ve mentioned. C. lubbocki is the top one and C. naokoae is the bottom.
0D4E5969-1101-4D5F-8F20-EF875B0B808A.jpeg
4BE96582-4194-4576-9538-6FC2CB06448B.jpeg

The fire fish will most likely be hiding most of the time as they don’t like aggression and most of the large fish you want are aggressive.

Also may I run the idea of a Halichoeres iridis by you? They’re beautiful and do boost the Pest eating. They’re labelled as expert only due to shipping, they’re extremely hard to get past the shipping phase and into the tank.
Here’s an older photo of my transitional
Pest control is dealt with as the Yellow “Coris” is actually Halichoeres chrysus. Also I wouldn’t recommend a Sixline to anyone wanting fairy wrasses as that’s just a call for murder.
The rest are all great recommendations though.

Cirrhilabrus aquamarinus can be slightly more aggressive than other wrasses so maybe change that for something more peaceful such as Cirrhilabrus naokoae or Cirrhilabrus lubbocki (Indonesian variants of C. lubbocki hold the most blue compared to the Cebu variant).
Here’s a couple photos of my guys that I’ve mentioned. C. lubbocki is the top one and C. naokoae is the bottom.
0D4E5969-1101-4D5F-8F20-EF875B0B808A.jpeg
4BE96582-4194-4576-9538-6FC2CB06448B.jpeg

The fire fish will most likely be hiding most of the time as they don’t like aggression and most of the large fish you want are aggressive.

Also may I run the idea of a Halichoeres iridis by you? They’re beautiful and do boost the Pest eating. They’re labelled as expert only due to shipping, they’re extremely hard to get past the shipping phase and into the tank.
Here’s an older photo of my transitional male
568BA416-BEF5-410D-9DA1-8070CA9FCF88.jpeg
I already own a Yellow Coris Wrasse, the fairies I would like to add with it are the Cirrhilabrus solorensis and Cirrhilabrus aurantidorsalis. As for the Firefish, I've had it since i started my old 75g. Always did great and was out and about. The more aggressive fish rarely ever give him any mind and is always out and about. My flame angel will try to chase him every once in a great while but the Firefish is just too fast for him lol. I would very much consider this fairies you've recommended though. Thanks!

OP
OP
Juan4265

Juan4265

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Starcki damsel and maybe 20210207_182056.jpg Watanabe or Japanese swallowtail angel. I would add 3-5 lyretails. Maybe a purple tile.
Damsels are a big no for me even tho some are less aggressive than others like the Starki or the Azure. I've kept my female lyretail alone for almost 2 years now and she's done just fine. She swims with my yellow coris, yellow tang, blue tang, flame angel, and blue jaw trigger. They're all one big, odd and happy family. I'll considder adding a few more smaller females. I agree with the Japanese angel, beautiful fish and I will strongly consider it. Thanks!

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I already own a Yellow Coris Wrasse, the fairies I would like to add with it are the Cirrhilabrus solorensis and Cirrhilabrus aurantidorsalis. As for the Firefish, I've had it since i started my old 75g. Always did great and was out and about. The more aggressive fish rarely ever give him any mind and is always out and about. My flame angel will try to chase him every once in a great while but the Firefish is just too fast for him lol. I would very much consider this fairies you've recommended though. Thanks!
I’d also recommend considering another Halichoeres as not all Halichoeres do eat pests and are a 50/50 genus with many of their species.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 28 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back