FINALLY! I got a Canon 7D!!

Dave3112

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been wanting this camera for a while now and I finally bit the bullet and bought one! Now I have to figure out how to use it. LOL. It is quite a step up from my Canon Rebel XSi!! I just wish I was going to be home for the next couple of weeks to take pictures of the tank. But I guess the Castles of Germany will have to serve as my subjects for a while......... Pictures to come in the next few days. I am just excited about my new camera and wanted to share!!

soccerbag

Chalices did this to me!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats on the new purchase. I think Kelby (KLR) just got the same camera. Mind if I ask what made you choose that model? I'm looking to upgrade from my Rebel XT and am not sure where to start...lol.

swannyson7

Moderator/Acro Aficianado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats on the upgrade. Kind of OT, but where in Germany are you? Theres some beautiful castles along the Rhine and they do river tours that are realtively cheap. They even used to do fireworks displays from a few castles as you went down the river a couple times each summer, but I'm not sure if they still do. And of course if you're in Bavaria, you should check out Neuschwanstein, but you can't take pics inside.

lps1212

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice camera I had goggled it and it gets great reviews

OP
OP
Dave3112

Dave3112

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats on the new purchase. I think Kelby (KLR) just got the same camera. Mind if I ask what made you choose that model? I'm looking to upgrade from my Rebel XT and am not sure where to start...lol.

Thanks! I have been researching cameras for a while. I love my XSi but I have "outgrown" it. LOL. I have serious considerations of taking classes and I thought that the 7D would be a great camera that I could keep for quite a while. I wanted the 5D mark II but I know that that is WAY too much camera for me right now PLUS it was 2K more that the 7D......with out a lens!!

OP
OP
Dave3112

Dave3112

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats on the upgrade. Kind of OT, but where in Germany are you? Theres some beautiful castles along the Rhine and they do river tours that are realtively cheap. They even used to do fireworks displays from a few castles as you went down the river a couple times each summer, but I'm not sure if they still do. And of course if you're in Bavaria, you should check out Neuschwanstein, but you can't take pics inside.

Thanks! I am going to be around the Ramstein (sp?) area. I have been told to go to Neuschwanstein it is worth the trip. I am also a day trip from Paris which is cool too... I plan on taking alot of pictures LOL

seth&angelle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought Angelle one for her Bday. She has had it for almost 2 weeks now. She loves it so far. Here are some of her photos. She says she still has a lot to learn. She also upgraded from a Rebel.

dd0fdd80.jpg
58f82604.jpg
b270a5ab.jpg
6f0e3115.jpg
28dfd247.jpg

swannyson7

Moderator/Acro Aficianado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's easy to fill up those SD cards when traveling through Europe, so be sure to bring plenty of extras. Some other castles to check out in southern Germany are the Willibaldsberg palace, Schleissheim palaces and the Nymphenburg Palace (St Bartholomew's Church is also beautiful due to it's location, but a bit of a drive). Also, if you're there in the middle of September, be sure to check out Oktoberfest in Munich for a great time.

OP
OP
Dave3112

Dave3112

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought Angelle one for her Bday. She has had it for almost 2 weeks now. She loves it so far. Here are some of her photos. She says she still has a lot to learn. She also upgraded from a Rebel.

dd0fdd80.jpg
58f82604.jpg
b270a5ab.jpg
6f0e3115.jpg
28dfd247.jpg

Great shots! I can't wait to get out and use mine! Nothing too exciting to photograph in my hotel room at the moment. LOL

OP
OP
Dave3112

Dave3112

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's easy to fill up those SD cards when traveling through Europe, so be sure to bring plenty of extras. Some other castles to check out in southern Germany are the Willibaldsberg palace, Schleissheim palaces and the Nymphenburg Palace (St Bartholomew's Church is also beautiful due to it's location, but a bit of a drive). Also, if you're there in the middle of September, be sure to check out Oktoberfest in Munich for a great time.

Thanks for the tips! I have to purchase some more Compact Flash cards for sure. I only have 2 of the 4 gig ones and they only hold 103 pictures each because I shoot in RAW.

KLR

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I have been researching cameras for a while. I love my XSi but I have "outgrown" it. LOL. I have serious considerations of taking classes and I thought that the 7D would be a great camera that I could keep for quite a while. I wanted the 5D mark II but I know that that is WAY too much camera for me right now PLUS it was 2K more that the 7D......with out a lens!!

WEIRD this is the exact same thought I had!!!

5D mark II, want it but way out of my price range, 7d,yes!

I really like this camera I just need some more lenses! One of my favorite things so far is the 19 focal points. I still have alot to learn about it myself!

Congrats on the new camera,can't wait to see your pics!

OP
OP
Dave3112

Dave3112

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WEIRD this is the exact same thought I had!!!

5D mark II, want it but way out of my price range, 7d,yes!

I really like this camera I just need some more lenses! One of my favorite things so far is the 19 focal points. I still have alot to learn about it myself!

Congrats on the new camera,can't wait to see your pics!

That is WEIRD! LOL. Great minds think alike I guess:wink:

Lenses are next. After the bank account recovers from this purchase. I did buy the "kit" though so I got a 28-135mm with it. It seems to be a good lens from the reviews.

KLR

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are some pics I just took this past week,ive only had it since this past wed.
These were taken with stock lens 28-135mm.
If your wondering I put my name on them because I store them online and people have stolen my pics in the past,steal them now..with my name on them! hahahah

About 1-2inches away.

Horse Fly 004.jpg

Roughly 4 inches away

Natural 018.jpg

Natural 013.jpg

About 10 ft. away. ISO was a little high in this one..

Beach 7d Trial 3 080.CR2.jpg

This hawk was about 80-150ft away from me so I thought it was decent considering the lens.
Natural 009.jpg

I can't wait to get better lenses!

OP
OP
Dave3112

Dave3112

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are AWESOME shots Kelby! I need to start watermarking my photos as well. I have most of them online either in Photobucket or on Facebook and I don't want them stolen either.

KLR

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I did not think mine would get stolen,but sure enough..they did!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 26.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 40 32.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back